• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video for a young band from Prague

Hello from Czech Republic
    I made a video for the band their first concert in Club Vagon in Prague
    I used:
    Panasonic GH4 with Voigtländer 25mm (freehand)
    GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition
    Panasonic G6 Samyang 12 mm (side shots of the drummer on a tripod)
    Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAa_Q_JHnI
    Last edited by Djamkan; 10-05-2015, 10:47 PM.

Hey Djamkan!

That's good stuff man! Good stuff!

The video style is crazy and all over the place, so is the editing, BUT SO ARE THOSE GUYS AND THEIR MUSIC! So it's perfect.

I like the B&W backstage intro, I feel like it lets us see what they are really like. Funny candid shots but not 'stupid' throw away shots.

I like the shots and the edit and the pacing.
    There are 2 things that were not so good...

1. - the locked-down shot of the drummer from the side...BORING! But I know that you already know that, and you did as much as you could. But maybe try to stir him up a little - like in your editing program you can make the stationary shots of him do short little fast zoom-ins, also you could put some digital shake on it. Digital shake does not look very real in a movie, but it can look just fine in a music video. Also you could have the colors and brightness change each time you cut to the drummer shot. Or you could do ALL of that to the drummer shots!

2. - Some of the slow-motion shots are great, but some of them in the second half are really dull - like there's not much interesting stuff happening in those shots and there is so little stuff in the frame that it almost looks like just a still picture.
    The reason these slow-motion shots look so boring is because most of your other ones are good. Much better in fact.

It's good man!
    I really like the way you added the B&W Intro and also the stuff at the end after the song. That made it much more interesting.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with this video!
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. With your critique you are right ....... I hope that next time maybe I'll do better
      With this band I will soon shoot a clip with a script.

In the summer I made for my friends (knight FEXT) video which you can watch below
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLGCnL6uN3U

I wanted the video much shorter ... max 4-5 minutes.. but they wanted a video giving visitors to the show on DVD as advertising and for yourself as a reminder ... so they want the long version ............ ........ well, who spends the commands :-)

They also wanted to smoke, sparks, fire, slow motion and epic music :-)................ but again, we had beautiful weather and a great environment available to...below info

http://www.hrad-litice.cz/EN/

Again, Im sorry for my bad English ......... I have to work on it, and finally learn English!

Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
      X