Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH4 Leon- Short bowling doc

hey guys,

I just wanted to share a short doc we just finished about an 83 year bowler named Leon. hope you enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/139666654

Originally posted by david dominguez View Post
    ...hope you enjoy!
    That I did. Some really nice shots in there.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

This made my day, thanks for sharing. I picked up bowling while in the Navy and have been doing it ever since. Met my wife bowling, this really piece was really touching to me. Love how simple it is and Leon was great on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by homerc67 View Post
          This made my day, thanks for sharing. I picked up bowling while in the Navy and have been doing it ever since. Met my wife bowling, this really piece was really touching to me. Love how simple it is and Leon was great on camera.
          thanks! mean's a lot to me.

Comment

Hey, I used to bowl at Bristol Lanes when I was a kid. Really good work. I particularly like your choices for content, clear and engaging. The piece also reflects Leon's calmness and very centered energy. Again, good wook.

Comment

Growing up in the midwest in the 80's and 90's I was surrounded with bowling as a part of the culture. Everybody in my family and all of their friends bowled on leagues and I always went along. It was just part of my life during the winter months.

During the week my mom bowled on a league and I went along and brought my home work with me and did it while watching her bowl. Sometimes it may have been boring but now I look back at it with a sort of fondness for a sport that has waned in support in recent years.

Your video has really captured part of the essence of what I loved about those moments growing up. I could almost smell the unique odors of a bowling alley while watching your piece. I say exceptional work because you were able to capture those memories and feelings I have for something that I myself never really got into but had a lot of experience living around while growing up.

Overall a very easy to follow piece that creates an interest for the main character when the moment you hear him speak. It doesn't take long to get absorbed in his message and really listening to every word he has to say. I really like your wider shots that add a sort of epic scope to bowling alleys. Maybe it is my perception of them as these massive buildings of booze and bowling growing up but they are a sort of larger than life experience and the wide shots that show the full expanse really helps make them seem larger than life.

Excellent work.

Comment

Nice Documentary!. Like the other ones you have on you site too.
                ----------------------------

WORK: MacPro (Late 2013), 3.5 GHz 6-Core, 64GB Ram, Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
                HOME: Macbook Pro i7 (2011), 16gb ram
                SOFTWARE: FCPX, FCP6, Compressor, DVDSP, Motion, After Effects, Lightwave 3D
                Cameras & Acc: Panasonic GH2, GH4, Ninja Blade, CameTV cage

Comment

Working...
                X