Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Film shot on GH2 available on YouTube for free (limited time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 Feature Film shot on GH2 available on YouTube for free (limited time)

Hey, guys - the micro-budget feature film "Look Closer" that I shot in 2012 on Panasonic GH2's is available for free for a limited time on YouTube. It's been doing the festival rounds over the past year or so, and we picked up a few awards along the way: Best Narrative Feature @ Columbia Gorge International Film Festival, Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature @ Cinema At The Edge Film Festival, and Best Narrative Feature & Best Actor @ Los Angeles Reel Film Festival.

One of the director's BTS videos about the film's guerrilla style of filmmaking was also featured on NoFilmSchool.com: http://nofilmschool.com/2014/01/guer...ser-indie-film

You can watch the film at the link below, and I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions about production, I'll be happy to answer.

Synopsis:

Talent and luck has brought Luke, an up and coming actor, to the brink of stardom. His manager James is a no-nonsense, and sometimes non sensible, Irish immigrant.
    They are nearly a generation apart but appear to be on the same page in every way. Until Luke meets Clara, a charming, low key girl who has just recovered from a broken heart.
    Her presence speeds up the inevitable collision between James' long delayed ambitions of ultimate success in Hollywood and Luke's casual reluctance in his new role as a leading man.

Written and Directed by Chris Schwab
    Produced by Metin Yigit
    Starring Mike Matola, Kate Murdoch, and Anthony B. Cohen
    Featuring Sybil Prince, Peter Tahoe, Allison Tebbano, Dave Cain, and Marlene McCohen
    Director of Photography Brian C. Weed
    Original Music by Joel Martin
    Cinematographer | Camera Op | Occasional Director
    Currently Shooting "Expedition Unknown" on Travel Channel
    IATSE Local 600

Twitter: @BrianCWeed

Watched the whole thing and I enjoyed it. Nice work! The GH2 is a gem. Your film is a great example of guerilla-style filmmaking. It looked like you showed up at a Premiere and then just used it as a backdrop. That was really effective.
    PortlandVideographer.com

Comment

Thanks for watching QuickHitRecord! Yes, the entire film was done without permissions, and with the gh2 we were able to discreetly shoot our scenes in some of the most iconic locations of LA, New York, & Las Vegas. The premier that we used as our backdrop was actually the premier of the first Hunger Games film at the Nokia Theatre in LA.
      Cinematographer | Camera Op | Occasional Director
      Currently Shooting "Expedition Unknown" on Travel Channel
      IATSE Local 600

Twitter: @BrianCWeed

Comment

Working...
      X