Live concert - 4 camers - 2 GH2's and 2 GH1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live concert - 4 camers - 2 GH2's and 2 GH1's

I shot a set for a friend this weekend and I managed to get one song edited last night. I had 2 GH2's (handheld) and 2 GH1's (drummer cam and soundboard cam on tripods). Audio is from a Zoom H1 (straight recording, I'm not sure how to best master that audio yet).

The handheld angle that is clearest is my GH2 with the Olympus 75mm at 2.2. I'm absolutely in love with this lens. Everything I shoot with it (stills and video) looks amazing. I used a follow focus for most of it, but several times I had to hold the camera way above my head to get over the crowd. I used autofocus for those parts, which was fast and locks on solid. The other handheld angle is a Tokina 135mm FD at 2.5.

I had two other cameras going as well, a GoPro and a Contour Helmet cam, neither do well in low light though and I didn't really need the extra angles so I didn't use them.

Flow motion on the GH2's, 44mb Reliability hack on the GH1's.

Last edited by ErikTande; 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM.

Nice job !!!
    That 75mm works great. The Zoom did a good job as well. (could you have come out of the mixer into the zoom?) Did you have the zoom on your rig or mounted eleswhere?
    How did you sync the audio...manually or using software like Plural Eyes.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jeff Hinson
    Panasonic GH2s, Canon XA-10, Adobe CS6 Prod suite, kit, and prime lenses m4/3

Comment

I had a line from the mixing board going into the GH1 mounted there, but it ended up being way too loud (SEVERELY clipped). I was afraid something like that might happen, which is why I chose to let the Zoom H1 record ambient, I knew I'd at least have something usable. The Zoom H1 was on a tripod on the mixing station as well.

Audio was synced manually. I just looked for a unique spot in the wave forms and lined all the clips up that way. The first part of the edit was defensive... I went through each camera and cut out all the unusable parts. Then I went back in and started trying to edit to the beat of the song and sneak in angles from other songs that fit in.

Comment

Working...
      X