Flying through Belmont University in Nashville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 Flying through Belmont University in Nashville, TN

Here's a highlight film from a recent shoot at Belmont University in Nashville (all shot from a multi-rotor helicopter).

Thanks for watching!

Yonder Blue Films

I've worked in TV for 15+ years. Just wrapped up 8 seasons of editing and producing a show for NBC Sports. Now, I'm the proud owner of Yonder Blue Films.

Another excellent film. I have missed not seeing anything from you for a while.

Comment

I love the indoor stuff, it really adds a unique look.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly-catchers View Post
        Another excellent film. I have missed not seeing anything from you for a while.
        Thanks! We've been super busy, so it has been tough to take the time to share footage. And, in some cases, we have to wait for permission to share the footage. More good stuff on the way! We appreciate your support.

Yonder Blue Films

I've worked in TV for 15+ years. Just wrapped up 8 seasons of editing and producing a show for NBC Sports. Now, I'm the proud owner of Yonder Blue Films.

Comment

When we have a decent ceiling height, the indoor stuff can be a lot of fun. We really enjoyed shooting in the church that they renovated and turned into a concert hall. Flying between the chandeliers made for some interesting footage.

Yonder Blue Films

Comment

Was that a quad rotor? Did you set the focus to auto or manual? What F stop? Any kind of gyrostabilization for the camera mount on the 'copter?

Comment

Which hoverfly did you use for this and what was the total cost?

I'm assuming it was something like this? http://www.hoverflytech.com/scripta.html

Comment

Very nicely done!
                Jaime Vallés
                AJV Media
                Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

Excellent! Impressive how the GH2 handles this. Very good copter control. What lens did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by timbook2 View Post
                    Excellent! Impressive how the GH2 handles this. Very good copter control. What lens did you use?

Footage looks amazing and by the description from other videos looks like he uses the lens kit (14-42mm) who would have thought...... I really want to know how much one of these copters cost + services if anything.

Comment

We shot this on our Cinestar 8 with Hoverfly flight controller. It was assembled on my dining room table. We used a GH2 (orion v4b hack) with the kit lens. Focus was set to infinity for just about every shot. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliments.

Yonder Blue Films

Comment

Man, the possibilities with this type of setup are absolutely mind blowing. What is the maximum distance between controller and helicopter?
                        sigpic
                        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
                        Actor
                        Musician
                        Filmmaker

Comment

yes possibilities are endless with these machines... but so is cost and time spent making them work and learning to fly them properly..
                          i started from 18 months ago and its a very long process... Their footage is very very good, you can't imagine how hard it is to get that level of smoothness.
                          As for maximum distance.. well basically how far you can see the copter, then you can extend it with First Person View, which is basically a video tx on the copter and you fly looking at a screen or video goggles.. but i don't trust it, i always keep the copter where i can still see and understand which way its facing.

Comment

Working...
                          X