GH2 High Quality Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 GH2 High Quality Video

Here is a long from commercial we made for Midnight Sun Brewery in Anchorage, AK. This was shot entirely on un-hacked GH2's. I think the video quality is stunning and we've received amazing feedback on the overall production. These cameras give the Red a run for it's money. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OC8YXQYc1M

Great quality,i am still unhacked would hacked GHs noticably improve the quality,interesting what lens and film mode was used.

Comment

We used 24H throughout on pretty mid-level SD cards. The lenses were Lumix 14-42 and 45-200 G series. Panasonic lenses aren't anything to turn your nose up to. They produce a great image and the auto focus associated with the brand is amazingly fast and accurate. I have since hacked both of my GH2's and the difference from un-hacked video is not mind blowing different. I would say that you can get equally (depending on what hack you used and a dozen other variables) good video with standard firmware. Although it's nice to have unrestricted use of ISO and higher quality audio recording.

Comment

Ok interesting.

Comment

Of course it's not mind blowing different.
          Let's face it, if the GH2 video image quality sucked in the first place, there would have been no drive to hack it.

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately I believe people spend way too much time dissecting the technical aspects of a camera and far too little time actually using them for creative purposes. Panasonic knows how to make a good camera and they know how to get the best image out of their hardware. What they created with the GH2 is practically revolutionary in the video market and only a major ability change in the firmware would necessitate hacking your camera. If I could make one request from the hackers it would be for them to re-arrange/re-label a lot of the menu items for ease of navigation and general interpretation of the in-camera settings. Seriously, what the hell is up with 24H and FSH and so on? Couldn't this menu be redesigned in a more videographer native tongue?

Comment

Never managing to edit my pal 24P video to look good the update has been of great value to me,HBR although not true 25P looks good and has the same mbps as 24P.

Comment

very cool! Btw i was wondering why it looks weird/grainy @ :23?

Comment

I think it was weird/grainy because I had to lighten the clip and that dramatically increased the noise. Plus it was a hand held, step-in shot that we just couldn't pull off without some shaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X