My First Live Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Live Event

My brother is a Nature and Wildlife photographer and was recently invited to speak to a photography club and give a wildlife presentation.
    He asked me if I could cover it, and I said sure why not.
    I decided to use both cameras that I have, a GH2 and a GH13 for a wide shot, light it with my Arri kit and do double system audio.
    I allowed myself 2hrs setup time and discovered when I arrived that we could not get into the room until a half hour before start time. I quickly learned that I cannot properly get everything ready in that time frame. I am sure people that shoot live events (and you have my deepest respect) can sympathize. There was a podium and we had it lit looking really good with 3 point lighting, then at start time my brother carries his laptop to the projector in the center and proceeds.Hmm...these were things we were going to discuss but never got the time.
    Audio was recorded into a Tascam DR-680 using a SD-302, although never had time to slate anything so more fun in post. To make matters worse I had accidentally left a right angle adapter in the GH-2 so no ambient audio to sync to from that cam, only the Gh13.
    Anyway all of that aside, his photography carries this whole thing. He has some really amazing photos including reptiles, birds of prey, eagles, mammals, water birds and wild birds and it really is worth watching.
    I really learned a lot doing this and I am sure my next one will be better.
    Hope you enjoy.
    " I wanted to ask you.... if you can shoot me?..... It'd be the best thing to do.....
    You need to go ahead and shoot me."
Working...
X