The Streets of India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Streets of India

Here's a mini documentary I shot over the course of one year at various locations in India. This is filmed guerilla style, just the GH2, GH13 some lenses and me. Sound is onboard mic, as my Zoom H2 had empty batteries when I did the interviews unfortunately.

I hope you enjoy this!

Indien 8.jpgIndien 1.jpgIndien 2.jpgIndien 3.jpgIndien 4.jpgIndien 5.jpgIndien 6.jpgIndien 7.jpg

Thanks for taking us to India Gunther. Nicely done.
    Dan Carter: Panasonic TM700, GH2 and GH3, Sony RX100II and RX10, Final Cut Pro X
    http://www.vimeo.com/user582748

Comment

Wow, this was great! Thanks!

Comment

Nice job. It's amazing the natural instinct of people (in India anyway) to simply stare into the camera lens and think something magical is happening in there.
        sigpic

Comment

It looked great. And I thought the audio came out nice also.

Comment

Gunther... some amazingly awesome shots in there. I loved the shot of the sun with the city streets and just all around what a great eye you have. This little camera totally delivers in the right hands and you have those.. What lenses did you use?

The only suggestion I have is that your music mix seems to end abruptly in some spots and the fades seem a bit stilted and not lingering or holding and mixing between the two. It's kind of hard to come to a total silence unless there's a major change and or reason and then it is usually a lot longer than your stuff... Just seems a bit forced or rushed and didn't flow as well as your images did. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by dan.carter View Post
              Thanks for taking us to India Gunther. Nicely done.
              Thanks Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-T View Post
                It looked great. And I thought the audio came out nice also.
                Thanks Ian-T! Yes, the onboard mic of the GH2 is surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Justyn View Post
                  Gunther... some amazingly awesome shots in there. I loved the shot of the sun with the city streets and just all around what a great eye you have. This little camera totally delivers in the right hands and you have those.. What lenses did you use?

The only suggestion I have is that your music mix seems to end abruptly in some spots and the fades seem a bit stilted and not lingering or holding and mixing between the two. It's kind of hard to come to a total silence unless there's a major change and or reason and then it is usually a lot longer than your stuff... Just seems a bit forced or rushed and didn't flow as well as your images did. Just my .02
                  Thanks Justyn. Thank you for that feedback - this was the hardest part for me, to get the transitions right. I struggled quite a bit, but it still does not feel right as you mentioned. Anyways, a lot to learn still!

Comment

Originally posted by bgundu View Post
                    Nice job. It's amazing the natural instinct of people (in India anyway) to simply stare into the camera lens and think something magical is happening in there.
                    Yeah, the people appear quite natural in front of the camera. That helps for shure.

Comment

Originally posted by Justyn View Post
                      Sorry, I forgot to answer your question regarding the lenses - it was mostly shot with the Canon FD 50mm f1.4 and then the Lumix 20mm f1.7 plus the 14-140mm kit lens.

Comment

Simply stunning footage. Nicely done man! I love Middle eastern music. What ever that instrument is that sounds so erie, is cool as it gets.( like a guitar, but obviously different)

Comment

Originally posted by maranfilms View Post
                          Simply stunning footage. Nicely done man! I love Middle eastern music. What ever that instrument is that sounds so erie, is cool as it gets.( like a guitar, but obviously different)
                          Thank you for your kind comment!

Comment

Very well done sir.

How much raw footage did you have after a year of shooting?
                            Matt Gottshalk
                            Director of Production
                            BPI.tv

Comment

Originally posted by mcgeedigital View Post
                              Very well done sir.

How much raw footage did you have after a year of shooting?
                              Thank you Matt! I had about 60min of footage. Not that much actually, as I only had very limited time during my business trips to India (my "normal" occupation is mechanical engineering for oil and gas companies).

Comment

Working...
                              X