West Side Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesse Brauning View Post
    Can you tell me anything about the AF performance of the 12mm olympus lens on the GH2?
    I just posted about the lens on a AF100 in that forum. It has constant auto focus and seems to do a contrast detect to achieve focus. You can also see the size of it compared to the camcorder. I warn you, you may laugh really hard at this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Brauning View Post
      Can you tell me anything about the AF performance of the 12mm olympus lens on the GH2?
      Greetings,

Not much I'm afraid. I only had the lens for about two hours and didn't really have the time to test or even pay much attention to set-up. I just wanted some video and to observe the look of ETC mode on the GH2. I didn't seem to have problems focusing although I lost focus assist in one ETC situation. The lens didn't seem as if it were focusing and the preview didn't look amazingly sharp, but the footage turned out fine. I think it was an error in set-up.

I wish I could tell you more. All I can say is that I want one. Period. I'll work out any incompatibilities once I get it, if there really are any. And it has a nice look in ETC mode. You still can see its wide angle DNA when panning but housed inside a 62mm field of view image. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
      X