24p to 30p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 24p to 30p

It flicksss but (they say) is better for internet. Do you agree?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PatagoniaSelfmade

Most of it looks good, but I could see it around 2:13 with the guy walking. But I don't see any reason to not export at 24p for internet. Unless a client needs it to be 30p, but I don't see why they would.

What shutter speed were you using?

Now, outputting a file that can be used for broadcast-- that's where I'm wondering if the 24p is going to get me in a mess in the future.
    Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
    // Vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonT View Post
      Most of it looks good, but I could see it around 2:13 with the guy walking. But I don't see any reason to not export at 24p for internet. Unless a client needs it to be 30p, but I don't see why they would.

What shutter speed were you using?

Now, outputting a file that can be used for broadcast-- that's where I'm wondering if the 24p is going to get me in a mess in the future.
      I use mostly 50, perhaps 40 o 30 in some dark shots. Yes, Itīs a mess, but I think I can improve the post settings... coming soon

Comment

I mean, the EXPORT settings :P

Comment

Yeah. Did you have someone request that you make it 30p for web use? Do you ever do any work that ends up on television there?
          Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
          // Vimeo

Comment

No. I have the camera recently and in many forums I read that YouTube and Vimeo work better in 30p (donīt know why) Also itīs true that for broadcast 24p must be changed, or simply shot at 30p
            (but... 720 :/

Comment

I think the key is in the interlaced or progressive issue (to minimize the fliker). I donīt understand if the camera is 1080 p or i

Comment

As far as I know...vimeo and youtube work fine with 24P. I've never had any issue with it. I think you may be causing more harm and good with the interpolation from 24P >30P

Comment

Working...
                X