Chasing the Riot - Vancouver 2011 Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 Chasing the Riot - Vancouver 2011 Footage

I ended up following the riot cops and firefighters around on the outskirts of town. We stayed away from the riot, this is more of a tribute to the local red and blue boys. I tried to get some cinematic shots, but for the amount of beers and being handheld I'm pretty happy with it. Is the song cliche? Yes. Does it work? Hell ya. The Vancouver Police Department are happy with the video and are going to be passing it along.

Panasonic GH2, using a Canon 28mm prime, the 14-140mm, and a 50mm Nikon prime.

Ovjamaica said: "Filmmaking is NOT about getting all of the technical details write. "

So annoyed by this (the events, not your video). A hockey game. Interesting document of a really unfortunate part of Canadas history.
    sigpic

Comment

Great job with the content and framing. In a situation like that I'm sure a variable ND filter would help make sure you don't blow out the highlights too often. Blah... sorry for the techno-geek speak. Also.. the rolling shutter is pretty visible. What this video makes me want to do is actually get out more with my camera, rather than just walking around the neighborhood and parks.

Its really ridiculous what these rioters did, makes me embarrassed and annoyed as a Canadian. But hey, that's the middle class for ya! Everyone wants to feel powerful, and sometimes breaking stuff is the only way people think they can feel worthy of respect (via fear).
      GH2 // 20mm f1.7 Panasonic // 50mm f1.4 Canon FD // 50mm f1.4 Nikon AF-D// Indislider Pro 24"

Comment

Originally posted by DanDOF View Post
        Great job with the content and framing. In a situation like that I'm sure a variable ND filter would help make sure you don't blow out the highlights too often. Blah... sorry for the techno-geek speak. Also.. the rolling shutter is pretty visible. What this video makes me want to do is actually get out more with my camera, rather than just walking around the neighborhood and parks.

Its really ridiculous what these rioters did, makes me embarrassed and annoyed as a Canadian. But hey, that's the middle class for ya! Everyone wants to feel powerful, and sometimes breaking stuff is the only way people think they can feel worthy of respect (via fear).
        Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I just picked up the GH2 recently, still waiting to buy a ND and a Grad ND for stuff like this. Yeah, I need a shoulder rig or a Merlin to really smooth things out for this puppy. Pretty happy with the fotoage considering I'd had around 10 pints by this time and literally grabbed the camera and started shooting.

Yeah, it was not a positive mark for Vancouver thats for sure. It was those young punks wanting to cause trouble, thing is I highly doubt there will ever be another riot again like that, unless its against the government. This has been a huge wakeup call for people that they cant get away with things quite so easily in such a world of social media. Still Vancouver picked itself up very well with that clean-up and showed the world what were made of.
        Ovjamaica said: "Filmmaking is NOT about getting all of the technical details write. "

Comment

Working...
        X