Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished a video on suicide help. With gh1, check it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH1 Just finished a video on suicide help. With gh1, check it out.

I like the soft look it has to it!
    Also I liked the sound design, transition and the ending very much.

Some criticism;
    Shaky footage @ 0:18
    Jump cut @ 0:26
    to much text imo, maybe let a voice-over do the text from 10-13 and only show 14? (a general rule in film is "don't tell em show em").
    leave out the background @ 0:34 it breaks the illusion of that soft look.
    leave out the last quote.

as a suggestion maybe show some family member crying or a knife with blood or something that has to do with suicide.

hope that helps ;p

Comment

Shaky footage was pretty distracting. I liked the video until it got to the whole god part!
      "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
      http://www.robmneilson.com

Comment

Originally posted by robmneilson View Post
        Shaky footage was pretty distracting. I liked the video until it got to the whole god part!
        Lol understandable, everyone has strong opinions on religion and what not. Thanks for the feedback tho, in post didn't look too shaky but I see what you mean. Now I know what to look for.

Comment

On a purely technical level, I agree with a previous poster that a sombre voiceover would work better than text. But then it wouldn't jive with the message you are trying to convey.
          Last edited by seanmcleod; 06-17-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Might want to take the shaky shots into motion and do a quick stabilize it can do wonders for a simple shot.
            "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
            http://www.robmneilson.com

Comment

Hey nice work. It's DVXuser policy to have no religious conversations so please keep all comments related to the technical aspects of the work. Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

I read the comments and was ready for motion sickness, but didn't find it too shaky. Also, I think the music and images convey the emotional tone, the text conveys the message, and it's balanced in a way that introducing a "somber" voice could detract. Too corny, too maudlin, whatever. And also, I don't know if it was a serious suggestion, but don't throw in a shot of a bloody knife or something to sensationalize. I'll just say I'm with you on the message and it's delivered well and that's that.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I will keep all this in mind for next time.

Comment

Working...
                  X