GH2 / Lumix 20mm 1.7 at Vancouver Riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 / Lumix 20mm 1.7 at Vancouver Riots

It would have been nice to have a zoom lens, but even better would have been a monopod to get the camera above the heads of the crowd.
    Garnet Campbell - RedAnt Film Development
    Filmmaker

Website
    |Facebook|IMDB Link

Communicate::Community

Very nice!
    http://vimeo.com/user2003222/videos

Comment

Wow, very nice. Did you try contacting news stations to sell the footage (i.e. freelance journalist)?
      Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
      // Vimeo

Comment

Looks really good.

I of course don't know what you want to express with this video, but in a video of riots there should be a lot of screaming and cheering crowds to set the mood.
        other than that its a pretty darn good video.

Really liked the soft look it has to it, the lens itself is pretty sharp is this done in post?
        the song matches well with the slomo footage. also had to laugh cause of the guy in 0:30 cleaning up l0l.

If you were going for the dramatic slomo look you could get some more intense shots by adding dramatic color correction, crop it to 2.35:1, twixtor? all suggestions ;p

You've earned yourself another subscriber ;D

Comment

I liked the guy collecting cans while police fire tear gas behind him. Man I miss Canada sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangetogethe View Post
            Looks really good.

I of course don't know what you want to express with this video, but in a video of riots there should be a lot of screaming and cheering crowds to set the mood.
            other than that its a pretty darn good video.

Really liked the soft look it has to it, the lens itself is pretty sharp is this done in post?
            the song matches well with the slomo footage. also had to laugh cause of the guy in 0:30 cleaning up l0l.

If you were going for the dramatic slomo look you could get some more intense shots by adding dramatic color correction, crop it to 2.35:1, twixtor? all suggestions ;p

You've earned yourself another subscriber ;D
            As far as the mood, I was shooting for surreal which is exactly what it was, the game had just finished and then I see a fire burning from a car that had just been turned over... I look left and see the riot police being backed up by the crowd. The crowd didn't seem angry, but more like adrenalized slightly drunk people looking for entertainment. The guy picking up cans sets the whole mood... doesn't care one bit about the war happening around him, he's gonna pick up cans like he always does.

It was shot in SMOOTH mode sharpness -2 contrast -2 some color correction in LOOKS... which softened it more.. Then of course vimeos compression does its work... Makes me think of all the great videos I've seen on vimeo probably all took a compression hit... the original videos must look amazing.

I had thought of the 2:35 crop but there is so much cool crap flying through the air that I didn't want to cut any out.
            Filmmaker

Website
            |Facebook|IMDB Link

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonT View Post
              Wow, very nice. Did you try contacting news stations to sell the footage (i.e. freelance journalist)?
              I never bother to contact news it seemed there was such a plethora of great, and more dramatic footage as the night went on. Vancouver has a fairly decent indie film scene and a number of film schools, so you can imagine there were so many dslr cameras out that night. It might be interesting to see how it would do as stock footage. Maybe someone has a good suggestion.
              Filmmaker

Website
              |Facebook|IMDB Link

Comment

Working...
              X