Fundraising trailer for a short film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fundraising trailer for a short film

Here's a teaser for the upcoming short film "Like Ingrid Bergman" that I'm shooting for Kevin Gay.

Like Ingrid Bergman tells the story of one man's quest to leave New York free and clear of the entanglements of the past. However, he keeps running into every girl he's ever broken up with at the very moment they broke up. Again and again. And they're not happy.

Shot on the GH2 with lomo anamorphic lenses. In the actual production we will be swapping between Lomo anamorphics, Lomo spherical cinema lenses, and various shooting styles as the protagonist encounters his ex girlfriends. It should be a fun little shoot.

Donate via kickstarter: kickstarter.com/​projects/​1614512802/​like-ingrid-bergman-a-pond-hockey-short-film
    Last edited by robmneilson; 06-16-2011, 11:56 AM.
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

If anyone cares to look. I uploaded some MOS rushes from day one of shooting. One scene with lomo anamorphics, and the others with normal lomo lenses

"That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."

Comment

I like the black and white scenes a lot, did look just like a big budget project

Comment

Thanks so much, we got very lucky that the parks dept was so nice to us while we shot that scene. Love getting locations without a permit!

Comment

pro-style lookin footage, especially b/w. like the fundraising trailer as well, nice idea may i ask 2 questions?

1) what lomo anamorphics? square or round? 50mm & 35mm ?

2) probably non of my business, but i also would like to know what you'll do with the money. renting stuff? Do you own the optics? Stuff like that might be interessting for some1 who's lookin into the whole fundraising option (not just online, but generel). like when do ppl feel "hey, he deserves money/I can trust him" and when do they go:" naw man. . ." I assume that having some gear available (especially cam + optics + workstation) helps alot, but than again thats just "theory" which is why I'd like to hear from u

Comment

I used the Lomo roundfront 75mm and a squarefront 35, and 50mm. It's not my short, so what's done with the money is out of my hands. Kevin will likely use it to pay off the costs of transport/crew food/gear and then pay myself, and the sound guy for the shoots. It seems that his kickstarter hasn't gotten any money, so I'm thinking a better way to raise money for this is have a party, show the film, and charge for tickets.

Comment

"It's not my short, so what's done with the money is out of my hands." sounds like "Yo I dont know what they gonna do with the money! But I can tell U I got non of it!" ^^ I was just askin
              cuz I might be going that way (fundraising) but wanna do it "right". . . right as in "not selling my soul nor gettin totally ignored" know what i mean?

so thx 4 the info ;) what do ya mean with " I'm thinking a better way to raise money for this is have a party, show the film, and charge for tickets."
              YOu would have to. . . well. . . do the film first before you can show it right? Chicken & Egg much? ^^ Or do you mean the money raised would be for marketing and publishing/gettin it into
              theaters and stuff? That way, it sound like a good idea. YOu wouldnt have to promise s*** cuz it'll be like: "this is it!If you like it, great! IF not, f u too ;)" so those who like it
              know what they are investing in. . . but again, u would have to finish it.

How bout gettin money to "MAKE the film" in the first place? @ all who "know" (this does not include those who assume, btw ^^) how, plz explain!

Comment

Working...
              X