Another GH2 Music Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another GH2 Music Video

Hey, I'm new to this forum and also sorta new to the GH2 game.

Seems like there is some real talent on this forum so I thought I'd share my work with you guys for some valuable input.

What's your thoughts on this video filmed for a friend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx-J9KahaXU

Used nothing but the GH2 and the Vario 14-140.

Cheers!

In general there seemed to be a bit of contrast, which to me, did not match the mood of the music.

I commented on another music video yesterday, and I'll make the same comment on this one...

At 0:22-24 the woman's face is cluttered with a branch, it didn't work for me. The next shot at 0:25 was better because eventually the woman's face came out of the branch/flower clutter.

Starting at about 2:20 or so, there are a series of close ups, that don't work for me. The woman, when she's in the shot falls out of the frame, etc.

On the final shot, I couldn't really read the message made with sticks...

I'd recommend shooting at about 1 hour before sun set. The shadows over all were pretty harsh and in some shots, like the shot of the woman on tree, did not add up to the 'idyllic' shot
    I think you were going for.

I'd also recommend perhaps shooting some shots 'wider' rather than close up... extreme closeup, shallow depth of field, all add up to problems with people easily moving out of The Box of sharpness and frame.

Comment

interesting video... but buy some nd filters

Comment

I understand, thanks for the comment. Seems like you noticed I don't have all the necessary equipment as well although I'm aware there is a LOT to be bought I just don't have the money.

Gotcha on the shadows, also I'll try to remember wider shots for whatever comes next!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by smisl View Post
          I understand, thanks for the comment. Seems like you noticed I don't have all the necessary equipment as well although I'm aware there is a LOT to be bought I just don't have the money.

Gotcha on the shadows, also I'll try to remember wider shots for whatever comes next!

Cheers!
          I think many people are in that boat... But for 'cheap' equipment using natural light and running 'light' at a location... I use a car window screen for bounce, they often have a 'metallic' surface on one side, that can soften shadows... you do have to have another person handle the bounce, but it can get light into eye sockets on bright days, that tend to be dark holes otherwise. some of them have a white cloth, so not quite as 'specular' reflection as the metallic type. These can also be made from cheap hardware story materials, not quite as nice to take around... but stretch a piece of white material across a frame made of plastic 1/2" water pipe, and that works as well...

For the big wide shots obviously not much can be done there but perhaps choosing the time of day, or using an overcast day if there are no 'sky' shots... still need the bounce on overcast days for closeups though...

Comment

Working...
          X