Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selamat Jalan, Indonesia 2010 - GH1

Hi Folks!

This little travel and surf film was shot on a GH-1 and two GoPros.
    Lenses used: 14-140 Kit, 20/1.7 pancake (almost all the time) & a FD 50/1.4

vimeo.com/24077540
    More technical info on my blog.

Thanks for watching!

Roman
    Last edited by rawmeyn; 05-26-2011, 03:19 AM.

Loved it!

Comment

Great. Great. Great. Great. Great. This seriously makes me want to pick up a 20mm pancake and start experiencing the world. I am inspired.

Comment

nice job! very 180 south - ish.. too much surfing footage for me though.. but I'd imagine it would be wonderful for a surfing fan.

WHich shots were with the 20mm and which were the 50mm?

Comment

Awesome footage. How did you keep the cam dry and strapped to your board? My favorite moments were when you were getting knocked off your board. It is really hard to tell which way is up

Comment

Originally posted by mojo43 View Post
            Awesome footage. How did you keep the cam dry and strapped to your board? My favorite moments were when you were getting knocked off your board. It is really hard to tell which way is up
            Those shots were where he used the GoPro. Awesome little cameras. They have a waterproof case and a specific surfboard mount as well as others.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
              Yeah, the watershots are all GoPro shots. Great little camera!

There are so many 20mm shots in there (it's easier handheld), I better point you to some 50mm >>

2:00-2:06min
              4:23-4:28min
              the kids at around 19:32ish

just to name a few examples.

Cheers!

Comment

Selamat,

did you use graduate filters or how did you manage the light i.e. 1:15-1:20 ? Great video...like it and I was travelling to Indonesia years ago for several months, amazing country and love the nature over there. Seems like you had fun and....you wont forget this trip.
                Last edited by moxrox; 05-31-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Hi moxrox,

no graduate filter, all i brought was a fader nd (LCW). I set exposure for the sky and thats it. In postproduction I'm still able to brighten up too dark areas (especially in 32bpc mode in AE).
                  Yeah, its a great country... It's sooo big, there is sooooo much to explore

Thanks for watching!

Roman

Comment

Wow! thats was amazing! extremely well made, I thought it was a bit long at 30min (at least for the internet) but it still held my attention through out so I'll definitely give you props! GREAT JOB
                    simoncorkum.com

Comment

Originally posted by rawmeyn View Post
                      Hi moxrox,

no graduate filter, all i brought was a fader nd (LCW). I set exposure for the sky and thats it. In postproduction I'm still able to brighten up too dark areas (especially in 32bpc mode in AE).
                      Yeah, its a great country... It's sooo big, there is sooooo much to explore

Thanks for watching!

Roman
                      mmmh whenever I expose for the sky, my foreground is very dark or black in video or on images, thats why I use sometimes grad filters. Could you brighten up the dark areas that much in post without damaging the codec ? Wow...great.

Comment

Working...
                      X