series of GH2 short film tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

series of GH2 short film tests

here's a few GH2 tests I scrambled into loose goofy narratives. first is with Tiffen's Low Con filter, the rest shot in GH2 smooth mode. the third is the most interesting one. click over to vimeo for HD versions.

what is your opinion of the filter?

Comment

Hello,
      I like the filter, and am considering picking up another of lesser strength. It can give a nice pastel-type look. I'm generally a fan of lower contrast than most folks, it seems (in other words, I like these filters not just to provide a flatter image for grading, but I like to retain a low con look sometimes). If you're interested in a low con of some sort and don't like how something like this affects highlights, maybe check out an Ultra Con, but I'm no expert.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff try using black pro mist, maybe 1/8 or 1/4... that should give you the low contrast look you're after without the hazy 80's soap opera look.
        sigpic

Comment

"my hot dogs!!" - LOL. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Comment

Sean,
            Thanks for the input. Yeah, I was actually thinking about that black pro mist. I know Robert Richardson used to use those quite a bit, my eyes suggest he's changed up his go-to diffusion, but I could be wrong. I've been enamored with the Low Con specifically in a romantic sort of way for years as a big fan of Barry Lyndon, and found someone locally selling this one and had to grab it. I do like it a lot for certain things, but yes used incorrectly it can give an '80s soap opera look' ("incorrectly" almost always being subjective of course - I'm sure lots of my favorite stuff is another man's incorrect.)

Jeff

Comment

Thanks PixelWrangler, and likewise!

Comment

Hey Jeff, what strength of low con?

Comment

That was with low con #3.

Comment

Working...
                  X