Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Thumber. (Documentary about an aspiring thumb wrestler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thumber. (Documentary about an aspiring thumb wrestler)

Hey all, been on this forum for a while and havent submitted anything mainly because I've not done anything I'm happy with, but here is a short film I did for our end of 2nd year uni project. hope you enjoy.

Any feedback would be awesome
    Last edited by himynameisnathan; 05-15-2011, 03:15 AM.

It felt as there should be a climax, like she should be working up to the "big thumb event" which should be in the end, like the main event. Cause it's kind of boring after a minute or so. The work is good, the shots, audio. But the story needs more.

Comment

I agree completely... Otherwise it's a one note piece that doesn't rise up and build to something... OR it should just have a different situation completely with some different audio. Otherwise you have a very B-roll TV style piece that's just one interview cut with a bunch of B-roll..... Nice idea, but it needs variety and definitely a climax.

Comment

What was your lens choice and audio setup?

Comment

Great actress... very nuanced performance.
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the feedback. I did intend to actually have a thumbing event, and use more locations, but as I only thought of this idea the thursday before our monday deadline, I lacked the time to be able to use more locations and actresses. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty chuffed that I done all that in a day, saying that though, I would like to re-shoot it though, with more characters, locations and content.
            Lens wise, 20mm pancake between f1.7 and i think when there was too much light (don't have any ND filters) I used my 40mm f1.8 hexanon for one shot, but that gave a slightly different look due to flaring so didnt end up using that, would of liked to though as it's probably better on faces in terms of distortion. Sound was my friends Zoom H4n with just the built in mic's.
            she really was, proper stoked with how good she was.

Comment

Working...
            X