Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14mm 2.5 vs. 2.8 zoom

Just curious

If you own a 2.8 zoom with 14mm included in the range - such as the Oly 14-54 or the Panny 14-50...is it really worth it getting the 14mm 2.5? Is the .3 stops and sharpness/color that much better? How well does it autofocus silently?
    https://www.Psynema.com Visit Psynema.com to see a few of my video productions, especially if you're from Philadelphia and need a hand on your next production. I use Adobe CC Premiere and After Effects, Glidecam, and I have a screenplay pilot in I'm trying to produce as well.

short answer no. This lens is generally a stinker. For a prime it is not sharp, so it loses a main advantage primes are supposed to have over zooms. it has monstrous distortion. One good thing is that it has extremely fast autofocus. Also it is extremely small and that's an understatement, for me that's bad. The 20mm for example, is much sharper and better lens. I wood buy tokina 11-16 if I were you-better investment and very good lens. the 14mm is the kind a lens I would buy with a small pink camera to hand to my girlfriend with auto mode

Comment

Well i love the 14mm,no distortion on mine,quite good in low light ,great auto focus ,as sharp as any four third lens i have ,perhaps individual lenses vary.

Comment

i dont think the 14mm f2.5 is that bad as its pretty cheap & semi fast, yet the 20mm f1.7 pancake kicks its bum by a mile (personal opinion)
        CURRENT CAMERAS: Panasonic GH3, Canon 5D Mark II, Olympus OM1n, OM2n & OM10, Olympus 35 RD, Konica C35V, Nikon EM.

Comment

Working...
        X