Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entropy and how I learned to love grading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entropy and how I learned to love grading.

This is a old abandoned apartment building that never got finished. Lots of textures here.

This video was learning experience for me. First time that I have used DaVinci for grading. I am a complete novice when it comes to grading so I did make a lot of mistakes.

Just like editing makes you a better cinematographer grading also makes you think a lot about what you are doing in the field.

Shot on gh2 and gh13

Music by:
    Johann Johannsson - The Sun's Gone Dim And The Sky's Turned Black

Don't Panic

How do you feel like knowing about grading change your shots in the field? I am new to all that jive so I am curious about how it affected your shots.

Comment

Before I would be only focused on the subject, which might blind me to other issues that might be in the frame.

Now I am thinking more about the whole shot. I have also goten a feel for what you can get away with in post which makes you more confident in the field.

Grading forces you to look at everything.
      Don't Panic

Comment

Love the textures and the CC you did in post. What lenses did you use?

Comment

Shot at 1:30 is great

Great use of the FOV and composition...on that particular shot it was stunning.
          GH13, Sound Devices 702, Schoeps CMC641, COS11d-BP Lav, FOCAL CMS40 Monitor, Rycote Softie, Audio Technica 1800 wireless system, 20mm f1.7, 14mm f2.5, 50mm f1.4 FD, 200m F2.8 FD, 4x4 filter set, Schneider .03 ND Grad, Schneider .9 ND Hard Grad, Schneider Polarizing Filter,

Comment

+1 what lenses?

Comment

Working...
            X