"Street Justice, The Sizzle Reel" or "A 30' Guitar On Fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Street Justice, The Sizzle Reel" or "A 30' Guitar On Fire"

Posted this to the DLSR Screening Room as well but thought it would be of some interest here since it was shot on a GH2 and 7D. Not a finished product but I quickly tried to push the 7D footage closer to the GH2. This was my first shoot with a GH2, upgraded from a GH13, and it really killed it.

This is a teaser trailer of sorts for a video I shot on Saturday in collaboration with some other artist friends. We just couldn't wait to show people some of this footage.

Sharing the Kickstarter link cause the information and pitch video and updates are all pretty great. We're funded already. And shot it, obviously. So no donation begging, just fun stuff inside.

Link to the Kickstarter page.

Looks cool... I'm interested in how you raised awareness for the funding and if you had any trouble with fire departments or anything like that?
    sigpic

Comment

We had planned on shooting this well before we got the idea to look for funding. We reached our goal yesterday after having only been up a little over a week I think. The guy in the video on the Kickstarter page, and the one who made this happen, is a relatively well known illustrater. In fact, out of curiosity while typing this, I just did a search on Ebay for his name and there are about 100 of his prints up for sale. He posted it on his Facebook and a couple message boards and funding came. Though our goal was only $1,500 so it wasn't like we managed to find a huge amount of funding.

Fire departments were somewhat funny. It's a relatively small community down there and the family we borrowed the farm from asked about permits. The story we got was that the fire department told them they would pretend it was a campfire so they didn't need a permit, knowing fully we planned on making something a whole lot bigger.

Comment

It's always nice when the powers that be are cool like that!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X