Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GH2: Relic (Abandoned Phoenix Trotting Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Caballero View Post
    It looks great!

Just curious. How many more lenses would he need to shoot this? The kit lenses is the best lens to work with the GH2.
    Thank you for watching John. Glad you liked the project.

I agree, the 14-140mm is the go-to lens. Because I didn't know how long I'd have in the structure, I only took 2 lenses, and only used the 20mm for 2 shots. With more time, I would have used the 20mm in more areas and would take the 7-14mm.
    Dan Carter: Panasonic TM700, GH2 and GH3, Sony RX100II and RX10, Final Cut Pro X
    http://www.vimeo.com/user582748

Comment

Originally posted by maranfilms View Post
      I just picked up a gh2 today in Boston, Cant wait to get an adapter for it so I can use my fd glass. Im shocked at how small it feels in my hand. Coming from Canon, it feels like a toy. But the image quality speaks volumes. How did you feel going from the 7d to this? Handling wise. I did see they finally came out with a battery grip for it though. Hopefully it will help it fit my huge hands.

I checked out your other vids yesterday, A lot of fun to watch. you did a pisser job on the abandoned mine vid, looked great. That tree was creepy, 19 hanged. Damn im sure there's some ghost stories around that place. Let us know when you do some more exploration stuff. thanks
      Congratulation on your new GH2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Initially, because of the smaller size, I inadvertently pressed wrong buttons, but with experience became less an issue. The lack of swivel screen on the 7D was a literal pain-in-the-neck for me, so the GH2 has been a great relief. Overall the GH2 has been a joy to work with, and constantly surprises with its abilities and image.

Thank you for the good words for my projects. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them.
      Dan Carter: Panasonic TM700, GH2 and GH3, Sony RX100II and RX10, Final Cut Pro X

Comment

Originally posted by dan.carter View Post
        I agree, the 14-140mm is the go-to lens.
        Interesting.
        I never use the 14-140, I mostly use my Nikon primes and sometimes, if I want something wider, my Nikon mount Sigma 10-20.

My videos

Comment

Originally posted by iHartVideo View Post
          Interesting.
          I never use the 14-140, I mostly use my Nikon primes and sometimes, if I want something wider, my Nikon mount Sigma 10-20.
          That's one of the beauties of 4/3, we can all use our favorites.

Comment

Working...
          X