Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new GH2 + daughter's 4th birthday = fun!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    new GH2 + daughter's 4th birthday = fun!

    So I've had my GH2 for a few months but no real life events to capture until last weekend and my daughter Logan's 4 year old birthday party. I had a lot of fun with this one.



    "Logan's 4th birthday party in Austin Texas on April 16th, 2011.

    Shot on the Panasonic GH2 in 720@60fps with a 1/125 shutter speed and auto aperture/ISO. Handheld (via view finder) with the 14-140 kit lens. Rendered in 30p with slow-mo's at 15 fps."

    I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it...
    John Griswell
    www.griswell.com
    www.vimeo.com/griswell
    www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

    #2
    I got about five seconds in before I shut it off. The music was so annoying. Sorry, the video looked good though

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by maranfilms View Post
      I got about five seconds in before I shut it off. The music was so annoying. Sorry, the video looked good though
      To each their own. I have been on somewhat of a 'sons of Bob Marley' kick lately and while I normally prefer Stephen this Damian tune had just what I wanted--a driving fast beat interspersed with slow dreamy sections where I could insert my gratuitous slow-mos (I've never been able to shot 60fps before). My favorite is the cake slice maneuver by far!

      Thanks for the feedback.
      John Griswell
      www.griswell.com
      www.vimeo.com/griswell
      www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

      Comment


        #4
        Home videos have certainly gotten better by leaps and bounds in the past 5 years. If taken as nothing more than an amateur home movie then I'd say it looks pretty good.

        The music isn't my cup of tea either but instead of being kinda harsh you could have simply used that thing we call a volume knob. Try it some time, it'll fix the problem without making you sound like a jerk in a public forum.

        Comment


          #5
          I agree the music really didn't fit the scene. However, I thought the video quality was pretty good for a home video. Isn't great that we finally have a camera that an amateur can pick up, shoot high quality video and stills, and edit into a nice little video without much effort at all. Just two years ago that would not have been possible without spending many thousands of dollars on a Canon 5D MKII.
          Panasonic DMC-GH2 movies

          http://www.youtube.com/user/mpgxsvcd#play/uploads

          http://vimeo.com/user442745

          Comment


            #6
            +1 For Marley fan
            music didn't fit but I for one like it.

            Comment


              #7
              Interesting. It looks like grandpa had a lot of fun. Care to share the settings used, editing software?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by youry View Post
                Interesting. It looks like grandpa had a lot of fun. Care to share the settings used, editing software?
                They are in the top post:

                "Shot on the Panasonic GH2 in 720@60fps with a 1/125 shutter speed and auto aperture/ISO. Handheld (via view finder) with the 14-140 kit lens. Rendered in 30p with slow-mo's at 15 fps."

                I also used the 20mm pancake for the presents opening section. Edited with iMovie. I am holding out on a upgrade until the $299 FCP drops ....
                John Griswell
                www.griswell.com
                www.vimeo.com/griswell
                www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  The music isn't my cup of tea either but instead of being kinda harsh you could have simply used that thing we call a volume knob. Try it some time, it'll fix the problem without making you sound like a jerk in a public forum.
                  First of all, if my comment is offensive, then it's being taken the wrong way. I mearly posted an honest opinion. @ Mrs. Cooper, Lightn up Whats the point of watching a video If I have to turn off the volume? So if I dont like the image, Should I close my eyes and just listen to the audio?

                  ***HINT*** Video production works much better when there's image and audio. Not to mention, The op posted the vid for public opinion. Obviously he wasn't offended in any way by my comment. He was like " To each their own" Which is the way he should be when posting a video to be viewed on A public film makers forum. Big deal, I didn't like the music. Doesn't mean I don't like Grisnjam, From what I've seen and read, he seems like a pretty cool cat. But thats not the issue.

                  Notice in my post I didn't do any name calling or refer to anyone as being a "JERK". If your going to comment on other people's posts, especially posts that have nothing to do with you, then I suggest doing it in a less derogatory way.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by maranfilms View Post
                    First of all, if my comment is offensive, then it's being taken the wrong way. I mearly posted an honest opinion. @ Mrs. Cooper, Lightn up Whats the point of watching a video If I have to turn off the volume? So if I dont like the image, Should I close my eyes and just listen to the audio?

                    ***HINT*** Video production works much better when there's image and audio. Not to mention, The op posted the vid for public opinion. Obviously he wasn't offended in any way by my comment. He was like " To each their own" Which is the way he should be when posting a video to be viewed on A public film makers forum. Big deal, I didn't like the music. Doesn't mean I don't like Grisnjam, From what I've seen and read, he seems like a pretty cool cat. But thats not the issue.

                    Notice in my post I didn't do any name calling or refer to anyone as being a "JERK". If your going to comment on other people's posts, especially posts that have nothing to do with you, then I suggest doing it in a less derogatory way.
                    No worries guys. I like reggae and shoe horned this song in

                    Emotion and intent can be hard to read in forums and I took no offense to the post. It seems my music selection is a common criticism on this video. Again, thanks for the feedback.
                    John Griswell
                    www.griswell.com
                    www.vimeo.com/griswell
                    www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Grisnjam View Post
                      No worries guys. I like reggae and shoe horned this song in

                      Emotion and intent can be hard to read in forums and I took no offense to the post. It seems my music selection is a common criticism on this video. Again, thanks for the feedback.

                      Please take this in a good hearted way but do you realy like that music,it would have been so much better with just the event sound but thats just my take.
                      It would be good to know what film mode and WB you used in some shots the skin tones have a pinkish look but but in the majority they looked realy good,Nice film

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by flinty View Post
                        It would be good to know what film mode and WB you used in some shots the skin tones have a pinkish look but but in the majority they looked realy good,Nice film

                        Auto WB, smooth with -2 NR film mode.
                        John Griswell
                        www.griswell.com
                        www.vimeo.com/griswell
                        www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X