No announcement yet.

Rio Carnival GH2 20mm + nFD35mmf2 + nFD50mmf1.4 + FD85mmf1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should have just shot a daguerreotype this whole moving pictures deal is just a fad and not my thing.
    "That's what happened to this friend of mine. So he had a lobotomy. Now he's well again."
    http://www.robmneilson.com

Comment

Originally posted by flinty View Post
      so ing envious ill chuck my 30 cups away tazza,its not a crime if shaky out of focus is not your thing obviously thats how its meant to look fine.
      Day 1 was all IN FOCUS and Sharp! It makes me think that you are envious.
      Shaky and out of focus, some shots in Day 2, but the rest are fine. Please flinty show me some examples?

Comment

Originally posted by James Fisk View Post
        Day 1 was all IN FOCUS and Sharp! It makes me think that you are envious.
        Shaky and out of focus, some shots in Day 2, but the rest are fine. Please flinty show me some examples?
        Saying i am envious is a silly thing to say, i know filming an event like that hand held with a GH2 was not easy,these are some of the footage that i call out of focus
        24-29s/45-49s/1m15-1m16/1m35s/2m52-3m5s/3m11-3m16/3m39-4m28/4m45-4m49/7m44-8m22/8m26-9m/9m25-9m47,this is the reason i say a camcorder would have been easier to film an event like that,its my opinion you dont have to agree.

Comment

James, don't engage!
          make a relatively small but relevent comment about one being envious and it gets blown out of shape. The enviousness is of you and not us being in Rio, nothing to do with the footage, which I really enjoyed.
          Criticism is only good when it leads to improvement not debate.
          www.prudentmedia.tv
          Canon C100 MII
          Canon C100
          Panasonic AG AC-160a;
          Panasonic GH2
          Canon 70 - 200mm f. 2.8
          Canon 24 - 105mm f. 4L;
          Canon 24 - 70mm f. 2.8;
          Rokinon Cine 35mm, 50mm, 85mm
          Lumix 14 - 140; Lumix 12 - 35;
          Lumix 20mm;

Comment

Your the saddos engaging if someone cant say they think that stuff would be easier all in focus with a cam, i have seen brilliant productions on various threads and some still got some criticism its life.

Comment

Let's just remember that 'reality' tends to get out of focus by second day of carnival in Rio...
              www.juliotaubkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by taubkin View Post
                Let's just remember that 'reality' tends to get out of focus by second day of carnival in Rio...
                Thanks you sooo much taubkin. I also have to admit that I was drunk during most of the filming(I was also enjoying Carnival) so things looked IN FOCUS that probably aren't without beer goggles.

Comment

GH2 is the ultimate RUN & GUN video camera

Comment

James,
                    Great video.
                    What did you use to record your audio? What do you think of the nFD 35mm and 50mm on the camera?
                    Did you use any rig with the camera?
                    Going to Rio in June with my GH2 so any tips would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmeadeint View Post
                      James,
                      Great video.
                      What did you use to record your audio? What do you think of the nFD 35mm and 50mm on the camera?
                      Did you use any rig with the camera?
                      Going to Rio in June with my GH2 so any tips would be much appreciated.
                      Thanks! I have heard that Rio is very different during the Carnival Season.

But here are my tips:

1. Make sure that you have Variable ND filters.
                      2. Make sure that you have atleast one extra battery, because the tours usually last 8+ hours
                      3. When it rains it pours, so have a camera bag that is weatherproof/sealed
                      4. The people in Rio are very friendly and engaging, make sure to smile alot and abrigado
                      5. When Brazilian women are very aggressive to Americans/foreigners , they are most likely hookers!
                      Last edited by James Fisk; 04-25-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: Because Searcher is a spelling nazi!

Comment

5. The when women are very aggressive to Americans/foriegners , they most are most likely hookers!!!!
                        The memories of those lovely ladies must have messed with the part of your brain that deals with punctuation... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Searcher View Post
                          The memories of those lovely ladies must have messed with the part of your brain that deals with punctuation... ;-)
                          Three pages of comments, and the first spelling/grammar nazi appears! LOL

Comment

Three pages of comments, and the first spelling/grammar nazi appears! LOL
                            Ha ha. Fair enough. I can't stand grammar Nazis. I hate it especially when they use the fact that someone used "there" instead of "their" as proof that their whole argument is invalid. I didn't really care about the grammar, I was just trying to make a joke. And it gave you an excuse to bump the thread so you should be happy ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X