• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battling Eczema - Two GH2 Documentary Shorts

Here are two short documentaries that I recently produced with my GH2:

http://vimeo.com/22078311

http://vimeo.com/21379967

The only lens used here was the kit 14-140mm. HMC-150 was second cam for close-ups and audio recording. Enjoy!

Both of these are outstanding. Wonderful blend of dual cam interviews, b-roll, stills and music to effectively tell two heart-wrenching stories with happy endings. If you have kids these docs will choke you up and bring tears to your eyes.

Comment

Nicely done! i really like the colors and editing.
      What lenses do you use?
      Congratulations.
      www.cajitacreativa.com
      Sony a7s II | Lumix LX100
      2013 MacPro 8-Core | Alienware 17 r2
      Cinema 4D R17 | Adobe CC | ZBrush4r7

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

As I said in my original post, amazingly I was able to use the 14-140mm exclusively for both videos. I've also shot other videos on my GH2 with the 20mm pancake and Olympus 14-54mm f2.8-3.5. Love 'em both more than the kit lens, but with enough lighting, nothing beats the speed of a long range zoom lens.

Comment

Looks great. What kind of tripod/head are you using with the GH2?

Comment

very nice storytelling
            GH2 // 20mm f1.7 Panasonic // 50mm f1.4 Canon FD // 50mm f1.4 Nikon AF-D// Indislider Pro 24"

Comment

Originally posted by LineBreak View Post
              Looks great. What kind of tripod/head are you using with the GH2?
              We had a Manfrotto 501 head on 475B sticks and a Barbertech Steddiepod Tripod...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...od_Tripod.html

Comment

what settings did you use for indoors, because my indoor shots with the 14-140 lens always seem too dark. still learning the GH2 though.

Comment

Mostly stayed around 650 ISO, 50 shutter. I believe the setting was smooth with -2 across the board except saturation which was 0. The trick with lighting here was using a lot of daylight to give the lens enough to work with.

Comment

Very moving films,i cant work out which camera filmed what as you say the HMC-150 filmed close ups and most of the films were close ups or were the very close ups with the 150,very well made.

Comment

Anything aside from the interviews was the GH2, so it's not all that hard to guess which of the two cams is which during the interviews.

Since the HMC resolves less detail than the GH, you need to use it for shots that are close-ups so you don't notice the difference as much. That trick is used everywhere in the industry, even Wally Pfister did it in Inception- 65mm for the wides, 35mm for the close-ups.

Comment

Working...
                      X