Gator Country La Chua Trail Gainesville Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gator Country La Chua Trail Gainesville Florida

Some more footage with the GH2 and the Lumix 100-300. Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park in Gainesville Florida is a great place to see Florida wildlife up close and personal.
    On the trail we counted over two hundred alligators just on the return walk and saw endangered whooping cranes,many other bird species, bison, turtles, wild hogs just to name a few.
    It presented some difficulties shooting as it was morning and most of the activity was on the east side of the trail which meant shooting into the sun. Also some challenges getting smooth shots on the wooden observation tower because zoomed out in etc mode even a footstep causes shake.
    If you are ever in the area it is worth checking out.
    This and the backyard bird footage was my first weekend with the camera and lens. It really is a lot of fun to shoot with. Paynes Prairie is a unique place and I can't wait to head back up there.
    Hope you enjoy. Comments welcome
    EWS
    " I wanted to ask you.... if you can shoot me?..... It'd be the best thing to do.....
    You need to go ahead and shoot me."

I like the footage but you need to add some music or something to cover up the breathing and other noises you made filming.

Comment

I imagine those gators grab those wild pigs from time to time huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mtan View Post
        I like the footage but you need to add some music or something to cover up the breathing and other noises you made filming.
        You are probably right, I just kind of put this together in a hurry. The Gh2 mic is pretty sensitive especially when you are using the evf and your face is right on top of the on board mics. I am in the process of putting together a field rig for location sound and next time I will just record it right and sync it. As soon as I get a little time I might just add some music instead. Also had photographers nearby and this is their sanctuary so I have to respect that as well. I learn as I go. Anyway thanks for the comments and for watching.
        EWS
        Last edited by EWS; 04-12-2011, 06:00 PM.
        " I wanted to ask you.... if you can shoot me?..... It'd be the best thing to do.....

Comment

Originally posted by maranfilms View Post
          I imagine those gators grab those wild pigs from time to time huh?
          I think anything edible that gets too close to the watering hole doesn't stand much of a chance.... I have never seen so many gators in one place, and there are no barriers between you and them....Pretty cool though..

Comment

Working...
          X