GH2, GH1 and 60D - intercut video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2, GH1 and 60D - intercut video.

Interview/documentary video with intercut footage from a GH2, GH1 and 60D.

Lenses used:
    Nikkor 24 f2.0
    Nikkor 50 f1.4
    Canon 85 f1.4 (on the 60D).

Last edited by iHartVideo; 04-11-2011, 07:15 AM.

My videos

Nice job. Which shots were what camera?

I really like your graphics, too.
    Producer, director, and DP. Shooting on a Canon C100 Mark II.

Get in touch!
    // Vimeo

Comment

This is great stuff. Looks like it belongs on MTV or some kind of outlet like that. I like the graphics also.

Comment

Awesome Job!
        QUick question...Did you use a digital juice type template at the beginning or did it from scratch on after effects?
        Philip Bloom Certified Cinematographer

Comment

Thanks guys. I was going for an Mtv vibe so I'm glad it comes across that way.

Originally posted by BrandonT View Post
          Nice job. Which shots were what camera?

I really like your graphics, too.
          I guess the fact that you're asking is a good thing, in that they are matched quite well?
          All the Cross-processed looking stuff was the 60D.
          All the head & wide shots were the GH's.

Want to guess which is which?

Joe - the only DJ element I used was the background black 'paint stroke' in the begining, everything else was done by me in AE.

My videos

Comment

I liked this vid alot. Great Job.
            I initially watched this and spotted the 60D stuff automatically. I could tell which shots were the GH2s before I read your post above.
            Guess I've been tuned to look for it when i watch stuff online lol. Good Job again.

What was the worflow on set like? Did operating the three cams present any challenges worth mentioning?
            Did the 60D cause any 12 minute recording issues compared to the GHs, like for example did you have to stop the interviewee so you could stop and restart the 60D?
            I was expecting the 60D to be used as the head shot cam since it'd have the DOF advantage to create that blurred background.
            Im loving the GH2 even more after this.

Comment

Thanks Boncrek.

It's both a GH1 and GH2 in the video, not two GH2's. There were no real hiccups with the 60D because it was used intermittently, whereas the GH's were on constantly during the interview.

Seeing as how nobody is guessing, I'll tell you: the GH2 with 50mm was the headshot cam, the GH1 with the 24mm was the wider cam.

My videos

Comment

When I said GH2's it was in the sense of the "shots that belonged to the GH2" not "the two GH2s" lol
                I could alos tell which shots were the GH1 easily but they were more detailed than the 60D by a long shot.
                That 50mm looks good as well.
                I've always wondered how beneficial it is to put expensive glass on DSLRs if they wont take advantage of the added resolution.
                Sure we'de benefit from the ergonomics of good glass (like proper focus/iris control) but for DSLRs we be best putting cheaper glass.
                The GH2 is bar the sharpest and even it doesnt benefit a whole lot from super expensive glass. In stills they benefit but not in video.
                What type of 50mm did you use exactly? Im interested

Comment

I used this bad boy.

Definitely not expensive glass

My videos

Comment

Awesome. I would love to have a set of Nikon Glass (either AI or AIS) but I haven't fund a complete set anywhere and I always hear about how one f-stop of glass is bettter than the other.
                    Is the 50mm as sharp as the Lumix 20mm? or just below it?

Comment

Buy your set piecemeal, no need to get a full set at once. I have a 24 f2, 35 f2, 50 f1.4 and 85 f1.8 - all bought individually.

Ya know what... I'm not a real pixel peeper, I don't know how sharp the 50 is compared to the 20. Probably not quite as sharp, but certainly sharp enough!

My videos

Comment

lovely video. I'm wondering what to buy as a main cam to go with my GH13 and 60D as not many people seem to be using both together but having seen this perhaps I'll make do with the GH13 and 60D and then buy another body as a main cam in the future when something takes my fancy..

Comment

Thanks!

There is definitely a different look between the two brands... the Canon's really seem to emphasize the reds in flesh tones. I definitely prefer the GH's look. IMO, if you have money available you should get a new cam and consolidate around one brand... it will make your life much easier in the editing room.

I'm strictly a Panasonic guy right now. The only reason there is 60D in this vid is because my buddy's cam happened to be a Canon and I only had the two GH's. I've since purchased a GF13 so I can do 3-cam shoots, 100% Panny now.

My videos

Comment

Working...
                          X