• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 in the studio - pretty good

Hi guys,

more info and fashion spread here
    http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=1537
    I have shot a few clips with the GH2, mostly outside, liked it enough and sold my gh1, mainly because of the battery compatibility issue and change in control layout, not because of image quality issues. Of course I really like the amazing viewfinder and the hdmi out and the 24p T 24mbps. Now shooting this on the side during my photo shoot I am pretty impressed how gradable the hvchd footage actually is ,(I think the studio is a bit more unforgiving than shooting outside) shot at 720/60 for the slomo I wish pany would give us the 24mbps option for this frame rate, but that's another story.
    cheers,
    Mike

Awesome!
    hierarchy films

"I am looking for a cinematic approach that will display more angles and creative sweeping movements more like a music video.
    I also want a video that will have a soundtrack that will set the theme of my wedding production and the end result is more dramatic.
    Can you offer me this in your video, if so then I will book too! Also can you work with budgets?"

Comment

thx!

Comment

excellent!

Comment

Mike, what was your lighting/infinite white background setp? thanks!

Comment

used soft light, the link to the lights is in the link below the video on my blog
            mikekobal.com/blog
            sorry I am posting this from my mobile, kinda impossible to navigate to the direct link

Comment

Loved how the skins resisted the heavy saturation. You probably isolated them from the look, but it's way better than the orangy mas from some 5D shots we usually see...
              www.juliotaubkin.com

Comment

Really, really love the color. The look in your video seems to be very popular these days in fashion photography. I really like the flat style and how the skin tones resist saturation like someone mentioned above. I've been trying to recreate this look off and on. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by mdg View Post
                  Really, really love the color. The look in your video seems to be very popular these days in fashion photography.
                  This is very true. I have noticed the same trend. I think it works with people that are already paste white. It does not seem to common as far as my knowledge with people that have a little more pigment in their skin.

Comment

I have to say, I love your video Mike. I love this piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X