X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver, WA Snow

A few shots in the neighborhood...

http://vimeo.com/20043764

Don't mind watching this, the pace is actually rather nice, however what are you trying to say with these images? Other than them looking like a nice snow storm, think about 'why' you took this shot, then put some audio to the shots so we understand why you chose these shots to share. Is it the snow falling, the carpet like accumulation, the movement of the large flakes?

I would like to understand more why I am watching this, not just 'a test shot'. If it was a test shot, good job, now go do something awesome!
    GH13, Sound Devices 702, Schoeps CMC641, COS11d-BP Lav, FOCAL CMS40 Monitor, Rycote Softie, Audio Technica 1800 wireless system, 20mm f1.7, 14mm f2.5, 50mm f1.4 FD, 200m F2.8 FD, 4x4 filter set, Schneider .03 ND Grad, Schneider .9 ND Hard Grad, Schneider Polarizing Filter,

Comment

Nice simple documentation of a snow event. Good choice of shots to get a real feel for it. Nothing else needed, in my opinion. Any additional audio would have ruined it for me. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB View Post
        Don't mind watching this, the pace is actually rather nice, however what are you trying to say with these images? Other than them looking like a nice snow storm, think about 'why' you took this shot, then put some audio to the shots so we understand why you chose these shots to share. Is it the snow falling, the carpet like accumulation, the movement of the large flakes?

I would like to understand more why I am watching this, not just 'a test shot'. If it was a test shot, good job, now go do something awesome!
        Dude...they're a few shots from my front porch...simple as that. Does every little bit of footage out there have to have a higher meaning? As far as going out and doing something "awesome," I've done that many times in my career, winning multiple Telly's and getting several Emmy nominations for the editing I did while I was at "60 Minutes." Not to mention the major international news stories I covered as a shooter for CNN in Asia.

I for one continually turn down the music on Vimeo of people who are doing creative "shorts" of their kids, animals or whatever. I've shot with and have owned many cameras over the years and own a couple of Canon DLSR's. The GH2 is a great tool that's making me consider selling them. I know that when I'm shopping for a new camera I like to see as much different footage as I can...this was just my way of giving people a glimpse of the power of the GH2's teleconversion feature.

Nothing more, nothing less...

Comment

Working...
        X