Jewelry Making - A Simple Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH13 Jewelry Making - A Simple Short

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted anything here. We've been shooting a lot with our GH13. Getting a lot out of that hack, and very grateful for this community.

We spent some time in the home studio of a jewelry designer in Atlanta a couple months ago and made a short with the footage. Would love to hear your thoughts.

link: http://vimeo.com/18550643

Thanks.
    Blake
    www.propermedium.com
    www.facebook.com/propermedium

Masterfully done and simply gorgeous.

Comment

Lovely. Great, simple, use of sound too. Slider used appropriately too, not over-done. Good work.
      Digital film-maker, Bristol, UK.

Comment

Superb; a joy to watch.

I hope it's not too tedious a question, but what hack settings did you use to get such fine quality?

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Originally posted by PJF View Post
          Superb; a joy to watch.

I hope it's not too tedious a question, but what hack settings did you use to get such fine quality?
          I use the c settings (don't recall exactly what those are) using smooth profile.
          www.propermedium.com

Comment

My only 'negative' comment, is occasionally the shallow DoF leads to the 'working fingers' being out of focus, and some element closer to the lens being in 'sharp' focus. Example is at 1:30 or so, needlenoise pliers work. I don't think that was intentional, as it seems at a point where you were not focusing on the 'work done' and showing continuing activity. For that sort of 'story telling', I'd think the work done would fill the foreground, in sharp focus, and the background continuing activity in more obvious out of focus.

Comment

Originally posted by j1clark@ucsd.edu View Post
              My only 'negative' comment, is occasionally the shallow DoF leads to the 'working fingers' being out of focus, and some element closer to the lens being in 'sharp' focus. Example is at 1:30 or so, needlenoise pliers work. I don't think that was intentional, as it seems at a point where you were not focusing on the 'work done' and showing continuing activity. For that sort of 'story telling', I'd think the work done would fill the foreground, in sharp focus, and the background continuing activity in more obvious out of focus.
              Agreed. Thanks for the comment. Now I'm going to have to cut that... good eye.
              www.propermedium.com

Comment

Lovely shots.

what lens and stabilizer did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by shamoney3000 View Post
                  Lovely shots.

what lens and stabilizer did you use?
                  Thanks. Used the pancake 20mm f1.7 and an old Canon FD 55mm f1.2.

We used a Glidetrack for the tracking shots. Not entirely happy with that thing though. Quite a lot of friction and the more you use it the harder it is to get a clean slide.
                  www.propermedium.com

Comment

Working...
                  X