GH 1 in Nepal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH1 GH 1 in Nepal

I posted Part 1 & 2 of my trip to Nepal in December 2010 on the AF 100 site cause Barry started a thread on the Lumix lenes. I shot my whole trip with the GH 1 (unhacked) 14-140mm and the 20mm pancake, no tripod just a gorillapod. Here are the 5 vimeo clips for those who may be interested.

Thanks so much for these videos. They have to bring back incredible memories for anyone who has done these treks. I did the ABC trek in 2000 with my younger son, and I have just been sitting here with my heart beating remembering the best trip in my life. I hope I have the strength to go back there one day, but in the meantime, I sort of have via your videos.

Again, wonderful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneinapond View Post
      Thanks so much for these videos. They have to bring back incredible memories for anyone who has done these treks. I did the ABC trek in 2000 with my younger son, and I have just been sitting here with my heart beating remembering the best trip in my life. I hope I have the strength to go back there one day, but in the meantime, I sort of have via your videos.

Again, wonderful stuff.
      I needed a shove from Barry to share these, you know when you do a dream trip of a lifetime like this and you take the trouble (read pleasure for me) to shoot some of your random experiences, it's not until you come home do a cut, share and get a reaction like yours, that you realise the power/passion of what we all do. A big Thankyou.

Comment

Definitely thanks for posting these, Shane. Many folks would dream of going on such a trip! Thanks for sharing!
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I love the shot of the elephant at 3;20 in the second video. It would be interesting to show this to people as a singular clip and see what captions they attribute to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddler View Post
            Awesome, thanks for sharing. I love the shot of the elephant at 3;20 in the second video. It would be interesting to show this to people as a singular clip and see what captions they attribute to it.
            This time we spent with the elephants for their nightly bathe was really special. I did ask Dependra's Mahout "What is she actually doing?" the reply came "I am thinking she is being very much happy!" That's why I titled this segment
            Jumbo Heaven.

Comment

Elephants are awesome. I love how self-aware they are, and how they revisit the skeletons of their dead a year later. I also love how their "feet" look like toe nails were just stuck onto a severed limb, yet they use them to communicate with elephants miles away through vibrations of their voice transmitted through the ground. Anyone know what happened to trunkie.mov? It used to show up in Spotlight searches, I think it was included with older FCP installs as part of a training course or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddler View Post
                Elephants are awesome. I love how self-aware they are, and how they revisit the skeletons of their dead a year later. I also love how their "feet" look like toe nails were just stuck onto a severed limb, yet they use them to communicate with elephants miles away through vibrations of their voice transmitted through the ground. Anyone know what happened to trunkie.mov? It used to show up in Spotlight searches, I think it was included with older FCP installs as part of a training course or something.
                More elephant trivia if you look at an elephants ear you can tell whether they are African or Indian, yeah the size you say 'the African has the bigger ears', no, if you look at their ears each one looks like a map of their respective countries, cool eh!

Comment

So great to shut others people mouth when saying the GH1 (Unhacked sucks). As many others, im those who said is the man behind the little cam, i also shoot some trips to europe and its magical... Congratulations... This videos are awesome... Cheers from Mexico!

Comment

great videos! thanks for posting... have you heard of this guy's work? 3D binaural audio recorded from their trip on the Annapurna circuit.. I wonder how the video and audio would be transformed with the additional of the other medium..

Must be heard with headphones to get the 3D effect.

http://quietamerican.org/related_annapurna.html

Just purchased a GH1 and taking it on a 3 week China trip... how was your battery performance on the Nepal trip? How many did you have and how long did each battery last?

Comment

So sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've just returned from Cambodia(just Phnom Penh) and Langkawi in Malaysia. Unfortunately I only had a Canon G12 on this trip, so just shot some Hol happy vids. In answer to the GH1 battery, I took 2, they lasted really well with carefull power down whenever not shooting. The big problem in Nepal for those that are going to shoot there is the power outages or blackouts, we trekked for three days before I could

Comment

Working...
                      X