Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christy Thompson shot on GH1 and GH2

Hi Guys,
    the GH2 arrived towards the end of this project, shot the birds, the opening clip and the ending with it. Shot in 720/60p, was dying to try out the new 1080/24p but it wouldn't make sense to mix different size/frame rates. So far I really like the GH2, bummer Panasonic changed the control button layout and the batteries, that made it a bit frustrating to go back and forth btw the two cams.
    more detailed info here.
    http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=1123
    which one do I like better? the GH2 is definitely an improvement, mainly in terms of af speed, hdmi out, the viewfinder is a dream, image quality - too early to tell how much better, esp since 1080 on the GH1(unhacked) sucked, 720 is very similar.
    cheers,
    Mike

Looks tasty, nice work.

Comment

Really nice work on the cam/DP side of things.

She's far too sultry though. What struck me was, for some reason I felt she wasn't openning her mouth enough - it looked lazy and like she couldn't really be singing. Picky perhaps, but that's what I kept thinking all the way through - smile, dammit! Just once, in flashback, please, somewhere. Smile!

Oh, and open your mouth wider when you sing!
      Digital film-maker, Bristol, UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Adamson View Post
        - smile, dammit! Just once, in flashback, please, somewhere. Smile!
        I guess you fell asleep at 1.50.

Comment

"She's far too sultry though."

?
          That's a feature, not a bug.

Being unaware of contemporary pop culture, I don't know if Christy Thompson is a biggie or a wannabe, and that means I'm judging the video against the mainstream productions I saw back when I did regularly watch pop videos. On that basis it's a fine result. It's not an "epic" video that's bigger than the track itself; it works well by being appropriately interesting without upstaging the "talent".

I'm not having any issues visually, but conceptually I think there is an error in the script. Videos of songs like this, by artists like this, are best presented with the object of her angst being kept ambiguous. By making her lost love a specific and identifiable person, it rules out the possibility for each of Ms Thompson's admirers to imagine that she might be singing about them. If she's singing about them, that's one more reason they might buy.

And, of course, if utility boots and feminine wear are combined in this manner, viewers have a reasonable expectation for the protagonist to run up walls, spin 'round and kick rabid zombie dogs in-the-head. Surely you could have worked that in somehow.

Anyways, success to all!

Comment

Originally posted by stoneinapond View Post
            I guess you fell asleep at 1.50.
            Guess I did.
            Digital film-maker, Bristol, UK.

Comment

Working...
            X