National Ad campaign shot with gh13's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Ad campaign shot with gh13's!

Just wanted to share a project I worked on with director Eliot Rausch for Gold's Gym. He and Gold's really wanted to take the "last minutes with oden" vibe and apply it to the commercial realm.

We ended up going to D.C., GA, and Washington state making mini-docs about inspiring members of Gold's. It was really a wonderful experience meeting these people and I hope it has a positive effect on you when you watch it. 15:, 30: and 60: spots should start being broadcast around the US any day now so keep a look out! (the website is just a pre launch)

My Favorites are "Harry" and "Pat".

Prod company: Uber Content
    Director/Editor: Eliot Rausch
    Cinematographers: Hunter H Richards & Matt Taylor

Film Links:

Goldsstrongstories.com

btw- They had intended on using canon 7D's but I swayed them to try the gh13's because of the long record times- I think it really helped us capture their stories- and we never dealt with overheating or having a clip run out at the wrong time. Hope you enjoy!

First, The production quality is first rate. And I know how much work that must have been. i tried watching all three. The stories and minor key score is a major downer. I wonder who at Gold's thought this would be a positive marketing effort. Again your work is top notch. It's Christmas Eve, now I feel I need to go have a drink.

Comment

Thanks for your honesty, it's refreshing. Being a part of Pat's story in particular made me rethink my life. It's not in the film, but they have fostered over 80 kids and adopted quite a few- seeing how genuine of a person he was and how he is working everyday to try and give his kidney to his wife... It should make you lose some sleep at night thinking about it, and hopefully inspire you to take that next difficult step- whatever that may be.

Cheers to you on Christmas eve!

Comment

Moving stories, beautifully told.

Thought that the music actually added to them, but understand it might not have been to everyone's taste.

Look forward to seeing more of your GH1 work!

Comment

Merry Christmas, Hunter.

I enjoy and admire your work. These videos did indeed have a positive effect on me. Not only in terms of the stories, which I found interesting, touching and well-told. But from the production aspects as well. I'll be watching and studying these; trying to learn how things should be done. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out and for the comments, so just an update; they uploaded a better compression version now (still sd- not sure why they aren't uploading HD to YouTube?) guess it's difficult ; )

Comment

Hi Hunter: Beautifully shot films, and moving stories, too. Bravo.

Because of the slo-mo scenes, I'm wondering if all (any?) of the footage was shot in 720p60?
              -

www.peterdv.com
              Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

Hunter,
                Profound, buddy. As always, great quality, great eye, a true pleasure. It is inspirational, reminds us that there is more to live for and work for than all of the other BS in this world. Keep it up bro.
                Kit
                Kit Hannah
                kithannah@gmail.com
                Sony Nex-7 w/ Multiple Sony E Lenses & Minolta MD Rokkor-X Lenses, 3x RPS Studio 15x15 Softboxes w/ Flos, Cool Lights LED600 fixtures, various hot lights, Tascam Recorder, Audio Technica & Sennheiser Mics, Sony Headphones, Sony Vegas, Sony Laptop. My camera, audio and editing station all fit into a backpack.

Comment

Hunter, do you know why they originally wanted to shoot on 7D's at all? Cash, crew, time, etc? Seems like Gold's could afford "the good stuff."

Can't wait to watch these when I'm not on a mobile device. I'm sure they are awesome!
                  William Robinette

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
                    Hi Hunter: Beautifully shot films, and moving stories, too. Bravo.

Because of the slo-mo scenes, I'm wondering if all (any?) of the footage was shot in 720p60?
                    Thanks Peter, we shot a lot at 60. Because we had 2 cameras someone would be shooting at 24 and the other at 60 a lot of the time.

Comment

Thanks, Hunter!

And congrats to both you & Matt Taylor for a job well done!
                      -

www.peterdv.com
                      Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Kat, I'm glad you see it that way.

Originally posted by William_Robinette View Post
                        Hunter, do you know why they originally wanted to shoot on 7D's at all? Cash, crew, time, etc? Seems like Gold's could afford "the good stuff."

Can't wait to watch these when I'm not on a mobile device. I'm sure they are awesome!
                        I think the agency saw the "last minutes with oden" film and wanted that same production approach for these, so they just gave Eliot the freedom to use what he wanted. Using dslr's on this stuff worked out great, all the subjects were comfortable after a meet n greet and forgot we were really shooting- if we showed up with a big crew and big expensive cameras, I don't think the formula would have worked very well.

Comment

Wow, really well done. "Reality" style, but for people who don't have ADD.

I kept expecting a cut back to the "narrator" speaking to the camera, though. It felt oddly disconnected at times because there was the beautiful action footage, but no cut-back to ground it as someone talking... if that makes sense. They are interesting subjects, so I guess I wanted to see a stable shot of their faces to go along with their voice.

Comment

Nice work Hunter.

edit.. Great work Hunter!
                            Ted Ramasola
                            Allen, TX, U.S.A

http://ramasolaproductions.com

Comment

Hunter, with this type of work do plan evry shot knowing at the back of your mind how you are going to edit it? I like how you edited this as well as the shots. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                              X