Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vienna Christmas Market

Hi folks,

I have made a short film about Vienna's christmas market. A nice place to visit. Find enclosed some screenshots.

http://www.vimeo.com/8341515

Filmed with GH1 mostly with Canon FD 50mm f1.4

Any feedback welcome!

best regards, merry christmas, Gunther
    Attached Files

Another nice little piece. You have such a great eye for composition and a real knack for getting shots that show the essence of whatever you're filming. Made me wish I could experience that place - and made me hungry!

Especially liked the shot at 0:15 - has a magical quality to it. Lots of great shots. Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by tflak View Post
      Another nice little piece. You have such a great eye for composition and a real knack for getting shots that show the essence of whatever you're filming. Made me wish I could experience that place - and made me hungry!

Especially liked the shot at 0:15 - has a magical quality to it. Lots of great shots. Nicely done.
      Uhh thanks for your kind words (turning red now ...)! Very motivating for me.

best regards, Gunther
      Last edited by GMC; 12-23-2009, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Gunther,

That is nice. And sweet, especially around 1;50.

This makes 2 videos posted in as many days using the FD 50mm 1.4, a lens that I just had come back from servicing.

Of course, I don't have the camera yet, but your stuff makes me so excited to go out there. Inspirational.

Thanks.

Comment

Very nice stuff. Good compositions and editing. I have a technical observation, though. On many of the shots, I notice a rolling flicker. It's a flicker I've encountered when shooting fluorescent lights at 1/50th shutter speed. In the United States, electricity is 60Hz, and shooting at a shutter speed other than 1/60th can lead to flicker problems. Was much of the lighting in your video fluorescent? If electricity in Austria is 50Hz, then 1/50th shutter speed might have eliminated this flicker.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneinapond View Post
            Gunther,

That is nice. And sweet, especially around 1;50.

This makes 2 videos posted in as many days using the FD 50mm 1.4, a lens that I just had come back from servicing.

Of course, I don't have the camera yet, but your stuff makes me so excited to go out there. Inspirational.

Thanks.

Hey, thanks for your kind remarks, very motivating!

Comment

Originally posted by dvbrother View Post
              Very nice stuff. Good compositions and editing. I have a technical observation, though. On many of the shots, I notice a rolling flicker. It's a flicker I've encountered when shooting fluorescent lights at 1/50th shutter speed. In the United States, electricity is 60Hz, and shooting at a shutter speed other than 1/60th can lead to flicker problems. Was much of the lighting in your video fluorescent? If electricity in Austria is 50Hz, then 1/50th shutter speed might have eliminated this flicker.
              You are absolutely right. I am using the NTSC model in Austria, where electricity is 50Hz. In order to get proper slow motion (60fps slowed to 24fps) I had to keep the shutter above 1/60, otherwise the camera would shift to 30fps.

Hence, I had no way to avoid that, other than going to 1/100 but this would have cost a lot of light sensitivity, it was already very dim in some places.

Comment

Gunther
                I really like your ability to get in there and get these images and remain invisible, its as if you were never even there and people are just doing their own thing.

Looking forward to 2010 when I hope to get my own GH1 and start shooting.

Happy Christmas
                Alex.

Comment

Some nice silky looking images, especially the hot drink shots towards the end. Hope you got the feeling back in your fingers. Thanks too for a bit of christmas spirit!
                  Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by Allyart View Post
                    Gunther
                    I really like your ability to get in there and get these images and remain invisible, its as if you were never even there and people are just doing their own thing.

Looking forward to 2010 when I hope to get my own GH1 and start shooting.

Happy Christmas
                    Alex.
                    Thank you. If you've done your first shots - post them! I'm always curious.

Merry Christmas, Gunther

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianF View Post
                      Some nice silky looking images, especially the hot drink shots towards the end. Hope you got the feeling back in your fingers. Thanks too for a bit of christmas spirit!
                      Yeah, I had some frostbites ... thank you for the feedback.

Happy Christmas to you!

Comment

Working...
                      X