No announcement yet.

Anamorphic Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered an LA-7200 off eBay just now as well. Does anyone have a link to either a close-up filter or a step-down ring that has the right thickness etc. for the anamorphic adapter's 72mm threads? I'm looking on eBay just trying to just thickness by pictures and such but it would be great if someone has something more concrete than that.
    Check out my short films on Vimeo

Comment

Something like this ought to work:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenko-72-0MM-S...3339138&sr=8-1

The deep inner threads of the Step Up rings tend to be long enough to go in and grab the 72mm threads on the adapter.

Note that is not the exact one I have. (I got mine at the local store, and do not know the brand.) Once you have that then you could put the adapter on a lens with a 77mm thread or use step down rings to get to other sizes.

You will want to use as few rings as possible and try to keep the adapter as close as possible to the front element of the lens.

Comment

I tried several step-up/down rings but never found one with deep enough threads. I ended up ordering a 72mm close-up filter pack off eBay (+1, +2, +4, +10). The +4 and +10 are both deep enough, so I'm going to remove the glass from the +4 since I'm assuming the less extra space added on the better. Glad to finally have a working solution!
        Check out my short films on Vimeo

Comment

I use a Redrock Micro M2 Encore 72mm coupler which allows me to orient the lens adapter and provide deep solid grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe View Post
            I use a Redrock Micro M2 Encore 72mm coupler which allows me to orient the lens adapter and provide deep solid grip.
            I didn't like the Micro M2 Coupler, it's pretty thick and doesn't give you a close mount. On my 14-140mm, fringing appears around 20mm. I bought the cheapest 72mm +3 close up lens off of ebay, and it gets me about 17mm without fringing.

Comment

How is everybody else viewing their rushes? It has been suggested that a Premiere preview will do it: frankly I feel like I need to see my stuff on a big screen really quickly after shooting and am presently unable to.
              I am having to boot to (ugh!) Windows, then set Media Player Classic to 2.35:1 and then be very patient in-between screen freezes.
              I wish I had a plain ol' analogue monitor I could re-size to suit. I've tried all my Panasonic TV's aspect ratios. I've looked at the screen through an anamorphic adapter turned sideways!

Comment

Working...
              X