Music Video - GH1, FD primes

Thank you. There may be something to be said for shooting on -2, I don't know. I did the colour correction in AE in 16bpc which I think helps. But to be honest, I also think since there is a bit of a story and other things to follow, you're not looking for flaws etc in the same way that you do when you scrutinise camera test footage.

Fantastic job Joel! It gives me a lot of confidence as I will be using a GH1 to shoot a clip at the end of the week.
How did you get the wide screen look? Was it cropped in post and at what stage?

Thank you. Yes, I cropped in post. I used a temporary mask in my editor, then exported without it to After Effects for the grade. I applied the mask at that point - within AE.

What do you edit in and what format do you export to AE in? I'm curious since I'm a Vegas user who just bought AE and am not sure how I am going to work between the two.

What do you edit in and what format do you export to AE in? I'm curious since I'm a Vegas user who just bought AE and am not sure how I am going to work between the two.

I edit in Edius 5. But my workflow to AE is to export an intermediate file - either Canopus Lossless or Quicktime Photo-Jpeg. I then import this into AE and use a little tool called Magnum Edit Detector. Get it, it's brilliant and donate too, because you will use it a lot. It will automatically split the file into layers at your edit points.

Grade, then re-export in whatever format you like.

I edit in Edius 5. But my workflow to AE is to export an intermediate file - either Canopus Lossless or Quicktime Photo-Jpeg. I then import this into AE and use a little tool called Magnum Edit Detector. Get it, it's brilliant and donate too, because you will use it a lot. It will automatically split the file into layers at your edit points.

Grade, then re-export in whatever format you like.

Interesting. First time I've heard of Magnum Edit Detector, will have to try this out... thanks!

Back