GH1 & motorsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH1 & motorsport

here's a very quick and dirty edit of footage shot past weekend during the most important event of the year for me... did it all with gh1 on second battery charge (so very little experience...). Stock lens, smooth film mode, no c.c yet. all handheld with no rig... damn helicopter was a R44 piston engine powered and with a 2 blade rotor... vibrated like it had Parkinsons and pilot didn't go low enough for my tastes cos copter was too heavy..... if you ever need to film from a chopper make sure it's a 3 blade one and preferebly turbine (pilot's words...)

last shot at 1600 iso... i'm satisfied by low noise at such settings but 1 more f stop from the lens could really help....

http://www.vimeo.com/7026117

I thought that was superb considering what you were working with. You could easily smooth out a lot of these shots with Smooth Cam in FCP.

Still, even as is it was perfectly fine for watching. The shakiness did not distract me at all.

Comment

yes.. editing it now and it's not that bad... but copter images are very dull... maybe because it was 1 pm on a very cloudy day so light was quite flat, and i really should have done more testing with film mode settings... thanks to other users tips i now have reduced contrast cos shadows by defaults are quite black .. i prefer doing that in post... anyway other scens i'm editing are excellent, and i cutting footage together with sony Z7 stuff and i like the gh1 more :-)

Comment

Impressive. 1080p or 720p? Kit lens?

Comment

720 with stock lens, smooth film mode.

Comment

Working...
          X