SonicStates Kitty/SonyVegas/MagicBullet/PC/WMV Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SonicStates Kitty/SonyVegas/MagicBullet/PC/WMV Out

Thnx to SonicStates for the raw files!!!!!!!

Been dying to make sure that Vegas 8c would handle the GH1 files properly and without transcoding, especially with the 1080-24p pulldown situation.

Set up a 1080-24p timeline and was able to dump any of the raw footy posted from SonicStates and Kholi on it without any problems, 24p over 60i, 30p, 60p, AVCHD, MJPEG all seemed to work fine. Same with 1080-30p and 720-24/30p time lines.

http://vimeo.com/4468275
    rendered to 720-24p wmv 4.8Mbps file

Homegrown PC, Core2Duo O.C. to 3.62GHz, 2GB PC6400 ram
    sigpic
    Rakesh Jacob : writer director cinematographer editor (wannabe auteur)
    www.vimeo.com/infopimps Check out some of my work
    www.youtube.com/ipimpstv Over 7.9mil views

You have to remove pulldown before bringing the footage into vegas if you ever hope to acheive 24p with the footage. Vegas will not remove pulldown on AVCHD files. It will gladly edit at 60i it will even take the footage in a 24p timeline. When you go to render you will notice the motion becomes all blurry. Until a new version of vegas comes out you must use Cineform or another program to remove the 2:3 pulldown.

Comment

Hmmm... I have to admit that sounds logical. The other 24p clips (moving train) have way to much motion to tell if the blur is right or wrong, and the cat clip has very subtle motion but the little motion it does have maybe on the funky side. I'll do the 3:2 pulldown and compare the difference in Vegas later today when I get a chance.
      Thnx, and sorry for the premature *schwing!*

EDIT EDIT EDIT:::::
      Just downloaded a demo copy of Cineform's NeoScene and created a 24p cineform avi....... Motion looks EXACTLY the same!
      IDK... Vegas FTW bro! Not sure what to say, looks like vegas did the 3:2 pulldown correctly.
      Last edited by Rakesh Jacob; 05-04-2009, 07:48 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Make sure cineform is set to convert to 24p or you will still get the messed up motion blur. Essentially if you do not remove the pulldown you are converting 30i to 24p which will look alot like those MK2 videos that are converted to 24p. Worse yet, you will not be able to remove the 3:2 pulldown if you edit the footage and try to remove it form the final output.

Comment

Originally posted by plasmasmp View Post
          Make sure cineform is set to convert to 24p or you will still get the messed up motion blur. Essentially if you do not remove the pulldown you are converting 30i to 24p which will look alot like those MK2 videos that are converted to 24p. Worse yet, you will not be able to remove the 3:2 pulldown if you edit the footage and try to remove it form the final output.

Done and doner!!!
          First thing I did was set to 24p in "Prefs" to make sure the pulldown would be done correctly.

EDIT:
          The pulldown arguments are very logical and if anyone wants to be sure they are getting proper results, by all means NeoScene works really well. And it's got a 7 day free trial to boot. Only thing is the file size it produces. SonicStates "KimbertheQueen" clip went from 39.8 MB to 152 MB; but it does expand the colorspace from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2, might be important to some of you.
          Last edited by Rakesh Jacob; 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm getting an error in NeoHD trying to process the files...Is there a special setting needed?

Comment

I just downloaded the trial of NeoScene so I have no idea how NeoHD is different, but the only thing I did is for the 1080-24p files I checked the 24p box in the preference menu.
              Check if it's the latest version maybe???
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X