No announcement yet.

The GH6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much data on a card depends on what format you choose. So you can work it out from data rates given. For ProRes there are currently only two choices. 422 or 422HQ. It uses a lot of card. On my GH6 it indicates 53min on a 512G CFExpress card and 35min for 422HQ for 5.7K. For 4K 422 10-L the card can record 5 hours and 40 mins. So I do not think I will be recording ProRes. I have a Ninja V anyway so no need to record internally as I can have backup recording too. As to settings you have to decide how you want to expose and edit. All the picture profiles are there. It also gets hot using this as the CFExpress card gets hot at these data rates too.

Comment

There will be an firmware update so a SSD can be used.

Comment

I've been using a V60 II Lexar card of 4K 10bit 422.. I get about 30 minutes on a 128 GB card Work good. My 128GB CFExpress will get get 42 minutes.
        Last edited by Zim; 05-01-2022, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Asking how long is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. The GH6 can record ProRes at 1.9Gbps as well as mp4 at 20Mbps huge difference in memory used. That is about 35 min of ProRes on a 512G CFExpress card or with MP4 30P HD at 20Mbps it is 53 hours !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
            Asking how long is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. The GH6 can record ProRes at 1.9Gbps as well as mp4 at 20Mbps huge difference in memory used. That is about 35 min of ProRes on a 512G CFExpress card or with MP4 30P HD at 20Mbps it is 53 hours !!
            I've been using .mov.

Comment

Yes, I use .mov too.

Comment

If I record 100% in 24p, should I change the System Frequency to 24.00Hz (cinema)? Does it have to be NTSC to be broadcast etc?
                Last edited by Zim; 06-30-2022, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
                  If I record 100% in 24p, should I change the System Frequency to 24.00Hz (cinema)? Does it have to be NTSC to be broadcast etc?
                  If you want true 24p (as opposed to 23.98p) then yes, system frequency has to be changed. From my understanding once you do that the NTSC standard becomes irrelevant. You might want to stay with 23.98 if you are doing a lot of broadcast work.

Comment

Working...
                  X