Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH4 GH4 - Weird behavior

Hello,

I am having some weird behavior from my GH4.

Basically if I'm recording in manual mode, it will just stop recording / Jump to a super high iso / drop the framerate - Which causes it to look like a 70's style live camera. Light trails and whatnot.

I'm not really sure what is causing this to happen as I've never run into this before. The only thing I'm doing differently is that I have it plugged into a direct power source instead of battery.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Dropping your framerate? I don't know if that's possible, but I guess anything is possible.

I know you said manual, but it sounds like the camera is stuck in one of the auto modes that's dropping your shutter to very slow speeds creating those light trails when you move it around.

Did you test it with the battery again? Reset the camera? Made sure all knobs and dials are correct? (Spin them around a bit, back-and-forth.)

Comment

When the camera stops recording the first thing I suspect is the speed of the card.

If you find that it does this plugged in and never while on batteries, then there could be an issue with the power adapter and voltage fluctuations or even momentary loss of power.

Comment

Working...
      X