Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorBro
    replied
    You never do it right...we had this convo before.

You have to refresh the 'best sellers' list because the front end landing page during a normal search has 'Best Sellers' in the drop-down as default but it's not refreshed so you always get different results every time you browse.

Once you refresh, you'll see my exact list above unless anything has changed in the last 30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    B&H has an odd/unique category breakdown. It'd make sense to separate by sensor size but its "stills vs. photo" breakdown is odd ... unless it's for Fuji Instamatic.

So, here's what I get for the "body only" rankings under mirrorless.

Z9
    A7SIII
    R5
    R6
    A7IV
    GH-6
    OM-1
    5Ds R
    Z6II
    R5C
    A1

This is pretty underwhelming for GH-6 and OM-1 unless the total sales/pre-orders are compiled on a weekly basis. If they're averaged per day, the two new releases are trailing in the body count to much older (except Z9, which is also new) and higher priced model.

5Ds R can be taken off the list as a "stills only" model, with others being true hybrids.

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    GH6 is currently sitting at #2 on B&H's 'Best Sellers' list in the cinema section!

#1 = a7SIII

#3 = 6K Pocket Pro
    #4 = R5 C

___

GH6 and OM-1 are currently sitting at #5 and #6 on B&H's 'Best Sellers' list in the photography section.

Top 4:
    a7IV
    R6
    R5
    a7SIII

They should get their badges soon and good for them!

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter C. View Post
    . I mainly do theater and legal work with some interviews and other random stuff thrown in. So dropping 5-7k on mirrorless setup for 5% random jobs doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    I operated on a 4-camera theater shoot last week for the first time in a while. The producer had 2 FX9's, an FX6 and an FX3. (He owns them all except one of the FX9's, which he rented.) I almost got my FX3 in as a rental, but he veered towards another FX9.

Not a type of shooting I have a lot of recent experience with, but it seemed like the eND and AF were very useful. As was the servo zooms on our PZ 28-135's and the IS. All those aspects helped me concentrate on getting smooth shots and pointing the camera in the right place (which ultimately seems like the most important thing).

I think the guy recently started up and invested in gear. To be sure, it's a lot of camera gear to buy at once... but if that shoot was any indication,, I feel like mirrorless cameras lose out for lack of ND

Leave a comment:

• morgan_moore
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter C. View Post

Thx but I already own 4 camcorders (a pair of Panasonic UX90s and JVC HM600). Camcorders ironically haven't change much over the past 5 years.
    I think the xf605 is a pretty changed camcorder I cant remember why!
    decent af
    24equiv fov
    log file

Leave a comment:

Working...
X