Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2+2+2=6

https://www.43rumors.com/cool-sean-j...h6-easter-egg/

Comment

Well, OMD (previously Olympus) is teasing its new "wow" camera too. It will likely be revealed at the Japanese photo show CP+ in late February. Presuming it's the same MFT sensor as Panasonic's ...

Comment

And it's supposed to be priced at $2,000. As is GH-6. And for $500 more one can get A7IV or R6.

Comment

If you're starting from scratch, that's likely ideal - but if you want a small sensor to use with any lenses you may already have, you'd rather save $500.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post
            And it's supposed to be priced at $2,000. As is GH-6. And for $500 more one can get A7IV or R6.
            if you have a purpose that benefits from a smaller sensor, the savings are just a cherry on top
            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post

if you have a purpose that benefits from a smaller sensor, the savings are just a cherry on top
              The purpose has to be met with the adequate performance for its price and Olympus/OMD have not been meeting that requirement for the last few years. 16/20 MPX sensors work fine for video but are obsolete for the stills corner of the market.

A Quad-Bayer sensor - if there's only one to be shared between OMD and Panasonic - could rectify the problem. But then it won't be the previously announced GH-6 data collector and, if it's a higher res one, then OMD would really have to cripple its video performance via codecs, crops, line skipping/ pixel binning, etc.

Comment

Gossip has Olympus/OMD with a 24 MPX sensor. If it has a quick/self-correcting pixel-shifting mode - i.e., without "smudgy" artifacts - it could be a decent stills camera.

If GH-6 has the same sensor as OMD, then it will offer an 6K-into-4K image similar to S1H in an MFT mount and for significantly less.

Additional features for either camera are unknown.

Comment

If GH-6 has the same sensor as OMD, then it will offer an 6K-into-4K image similar to S1H in an MFT mount and for significantly less.
                  I think it may surpass the S1H in certain cases (other than sensor size).

Comment

Originally posted by stoneinapond View Post
                    I think it may surpass the S1H in certain cases (other than sensor size).
                    Which, technically, would be enough for 2022. The remaining questions in terms of the ready-to-shoot package are the auto focus, codec, IBIS, et cetera.

I still think that the significant portion of their target market has moved on from the MFT but the camera itself could sufficient for all sorts of scenarios.

Comment

Im not sure pixel-shifting is used by anyone for anything other than still lifes and possibly landscape
                      www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Im not sure pixel-shifting is used by anyone for anything other than still lifes and possibly landscape
                        And architectural. But landscape is where you may want the extra reach. And, if it's without artifacts a la S1R, then it can be used for BiF too. Or even portraits.

Comment

And, if it's without artifacts a la S1R, then it can be used for BiF too.
                          Barrow-in-Furness?

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Dilworth View Post

Barrow-in-Furness?
                            300px-Barrow_in_Furness_Town_Arms.jpg

Comment

seems more market hype than anything useful. I've seen Tony & Chelsea and other users try to use it and have never heard anything positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter C. View Post

seems more market hype than anything useful. I've seen Tony & Chelsea and other users try to use it and have never heard anything positive.
                                Supposedly Panasonic does a much better job with it than other companies, according to testers like Lloyd Chambers. But I've still never heard of it being used professionally
                                www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Working...
                                X