Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I got some good news. The demand for A7IV is so high, Sony is issuing apologies for being unable to meet the demand. And the odd thing is that they are not even offering it in the US yet. (this is where I was right .... the camera is becoming a huge hit)

Comment

The R6 has already been a huge hit for the last 1.5 years so doing the same was a no brainer.

One overheats and the other has a crop; and then they're even.

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post

can you change your exposure settings as quickly on a phone as you can on a DSLR? rhetorical question
        Most of the time a DSLR would be faster. Apps like Filmic Pro let you set exposure pretty fast. If you are doing weddings I would want to use a DSLR over a phone.

Comment

Emphasis on physical
          So you want buttons and dials all over a phone? That might get kind of bulky. Again apps like Filmic Pro you just tap and swipe. I like the dials and buttons on my DSLR and it is easier, but sometimes the iPhone works good and a lot more mobile. Really two different things. I remember going from my DVX100b to a DSLR for video. I thought it really sucked at first.

Comment

The idea that DSRLs are fast to adjust is a joke.. in fact I dont realy find anything fast to adjust.

When I was a kid I did Mick Jagger getting out of a car. He arrived. He was gone. Taught me was fast is.

Really I cant see anything but a on lens iris being yankable mid shot.

I had the fs7 pretty good. ND wheel, on lens iris - 5500->3300 switch, S+Q button

In fact is there anything else to change?

Basically these cameras have too much you can change.

http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

I'd be happy if the camera did all the work, but I guess you have to make some adjustments. Using an app like Filmic Pro isn't a big deal to set exposure. I do like AF. My eyes are not getting any younger and I want a camera I can trust to focus. My iPhone 12 Pro Max does a nice job.
              What I want from Panasonic is good AF and stabilization.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post
                Oh, I got some good news. The demand for A7IV is so high, Sony is issuing apologies for being unable to meet the demand. And the odd thing is that they are not even offering it in the US yet. (this is where I was right .... the camera is becoming a huge hit)
                Good news for whom? Sony?
                www.AbeFilms.com

It's wrong to starve children

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
                  I'd be happy if the camera did all the work, .
                  Sacrilege
                  www.AbeFilms.com

Comment

Good news for whom? Sony?
                    No, the 900 pound gorilla.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post

No, the 900 pound gorilla.
                      Well, it's not good news for me if I want to order one. Except inasmuch as it indicates the healthy continuation of the company and industry
                      www.AbeFilms.com

Comment

I find it funny in a Gh6 thread we mostly talk about what the competition is doing.

Comment

Well the gh6 aint doing much
                          www.AbeFilms.com

Comment

The GH5 was released in 2017 so it's 4 going on 5 years. What is the standard time between camera models? Maybe what's more at stake is the amount advancement. Meaning 5 years wait is worth it if they actual spent the time developing a significantly better camera.

Comment

Well, it's not good news for me if I want to order one. Except inasmuch as it indicates the healthy continuation of the company and industry
                              Or one could consider that the entire industry is a one-and-a-half player system anyway, with minor competition between Canon and Sony, and you're in a Sony ecosystem already. And Panasonic will be forced by A7IV to up its game on a similarly priced camera, although it should have done a major upgrade on the GH-series long ago regardless.

From the economics perspective, this is how a monopoly works, whose main propose is maintaining profit margins rather than the overall profit levels. It's very typical for a cartel - although the Middle Eastern OPEC+ members are having other thoughts these days - including Japan and the 1920's-1945 Germany.

Meanwhile, the smartphones are swallowing not only amateur but the advanced shooters as well. And, when the smartphones sales and their profit margins begin to decline, the manufacturers there just might offer more than a digital zoom on a high res sensor.
                              Last edited by DLD; 12-12-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Sacrilege
                                Getting lazy in my old age!!

Comment

Working...
                                X