Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    ... You have to make sure you're in the "Mirrorless Cameras" section and you've refreshed the "Best Sellers" list. IF you're not and you're in some sub-category or you've landed on the page from a search engine, the results will vary depending on your location and/or other circumstances.
    I got the same results off "B&H Mirrorless" search ... but one could probably reload, just to be safe.

PS, I wonder if there's money to be made in canceling other people's preorders.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post

...currently the top 3 best sellers in B&H's "Mirrorless Cameras" sections are all Canons.
      It's like cereals and supermarkets. The biggest payers get the premium shelves.

B&H has always been a Canon oriented store when it comes to merchandizing.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneinapond View Post

It's like cereals and supermarkets. The biggest payers get the premium shelves.

B&H has always been a Canon oriented store when it comes to merchandizing.
        I don't know. But it's not too difficult to believe Canon has the top selling photography models because they don't have much competition.

I actually said before Sony's a7SIII is in cinema (which it is), but it's now also in this section at #5 (wasn't last year). Probably has split purchases from both, so not sure specific accuracy can be correctly reflected here for that one.

As far as cinema, both Pockets were best sellers in the cinema cameras section for like 3 years and they cost nickels and dimes. How much money is there to be made in those cases with any premium shelves...not a lot.

Comment

Canon does have a 30% share in Mirrorless. Sony has a 30% share in Mirrorless. B&H Mirroless page looks like the market.*

* Best Buy Best Seller list tends to be more representative of the overall sales figures. B&H leans more pro.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post

PS, I wonder if there's money to be made in canceling other people's preorders.
            How would you do that? And how would you profit lol
            www.VideoAbe.com

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
              How would you do that? And how would you profit lol
              The restockign fee. Pre.

Comment

FWIW, R5 has 553 reviews/comments. R6 359, A7SIII 213, A1 104, A7RIVA 340, A7c 120, Z fc 22, ZV E-10 11, Z7 II 88, etc.

I am not sure if they count different packages, i.e., w/ or w/o the lens, differently. For the same model with different colors, they don't. Older models have clearly accumulated more comments.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post

The restockign fee. Pre.
                  Ah you mean for b&h to make money. I thought you meant one of us could cancel his order
                  www.VideoAbe.com

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
                    Ah you mean for b&h to make money. I thought you meant one of us could cancel his order
                    I was goofing off .. but ... if it's a hot model with a limited upfront run, one would have to buy a model at a discount shop such as Abe's of Main and then sell it at above retail on a popular gear site (or, perhaps, eBay). The problem is that the margins are getting slimmer and slimmer. Abe's selling R5, as an example, for $3,700 and they have (imported) units in stock. So, one'd need to have a global shortage of R5's to get somewhere around $4,200 for it. It's not impossible but one needs several factors, including timing, working in his favor. For most people, it's not worth the trouble.

PS. In the car market, hot new pieces like Supra, Veloster N, Civic R, C8, Taycan, etc. have sticker prices far above the MAP. The manufacturers frown upon it but the dealers try to find a way to make more on a hot model regardless.

Comment

If you can believe what you read online I saw a October 27 or 29th date for a GH6 announcement.

Comment

And now there's an OMD (ex-Olympus) presser streaming on the 27th .

Comment

Maybe we will get information on two new cameras on the 27th

Comment

Nikon D9 is supposed to be announced on the 28th.

Comment

Working...
                            X