Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    I think a lot of people (I definitely am) would like to see a different body from BM.

UM has been around for going on 7 years now (slightly changed over the years with ND being the most important update)...we need a fresh, slick, preferably FF cinema camera from BM.
    +1

Aside from the FX9, what other current/recent cinema camera is eng shaped these days? Even Canon has gone the way of the Borg. When will BM accept that resistance is....ok, enough, especially after all my self-righteous ranting about staying on topic in the "what do we want from this site" thread.

Comment

I would expect the newer cameras to be using new, faster chips. Just spitballing but it is perfect cloud cover to delay a release.

Comment

Lumix anniversary. 10 years since L1 (I was very tiny then) on October, 27th.. Panasonic might announce more on GH-6 then.

Comment

Originally posted by DLD View Post
          Lumix anniversary. 10 years since L1 (I was very tiny then) on October, 27th.. Panasonic might announce more on GH-6 then.
          If they don't there may be an angry mob with torches and pitchforks to answer to.

Comment

Sony's announcing (according to SAR, it's a sure thing now) A7IV on the 21st. The specs are expected to be the same as rumored earlier. The rumored price is $2,500. So, it looks like they'll be going head to head here, full frame vs. MFT.

Comment

Apparently, Panasonic isn't quite dead and buried yet.

It's releasing a box-style L-mount 6K camera. 24 MPX sensor but dual gain, which the old S1 did not have. Up to ten units can be tethered together, making it more of a broadcasting camera.

Price isn't known yet.

https://twitter.com/noki****a_c/stat...70444721041408

Oh, sh!t, DVXU is still blocking the Noki****a name. Replace the * for the link to work or head over to the Mirrorlless Rumors site.

Comment

This guy says the 27th and maybe Lumix will be sold off? https://youtu.be/IcrvSp3zeBQ

Comment

Lumix really isn't worth anything to the third party. Whether it's worth anything to Panasonic is also up for a debate but, at least, they're releasing new models (that are the same as the old models because we love getting fooled again).

Comment

Lumix really isn't worth anything to the third party. Whether it's worth anything to Panasonic is also up for a debate but, at least, they're releasing new models (that are the same as the old models because we love getting fooled again).
                    Since the GH5 II was released there have been only 5 reviews at B&H Photo. Sales slow I guess.

Comment

Not everyone writes reviews (or shops there), but in general there is a small percentage of people in the world who are interested in cameras without Canon's or Sony's AF. And then there's Hollywood who use other non-AFing cameras.

Which leaves Panasonic dangling right now...

Comment

I have never written a review on any camera I have bought. That's since early 1960's starting with film cameras. Mostly shoot in the theatre or indoors. Never use continuous auto focus, full auto exposure or image stabilizers since the cameras are always on tripods. Not everyone has the same needs for cameras. When I am outside, family shoots or holidays I use a camcorder ( AX53 or AX100 ) then I am mostly full auto !! I have no expectation that one camera can meet all needs. Silly idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
                          Since the GH5 II was released there have been only 5 reviews at B&H Photo. Sales slow I guess.
                          Ouch. On B&H's Mirrorless "best sellers", there are three non Sony, non Canon models - Nikon Z6II, Nikon Z fc and Fuji X-S10 - in Top 25/First page. Granted, B&H isn't everything but it's fairly representative of the serious buyers.

#1 with the bullet is R3. At $6,000. I think I'd be the first to cancel NorBro's preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
                            Not everyone writes reviews (or shops there), but in general there is a small percentage of people in the world who are interested in cameras without Canon's or Sony's AF. And then there's Hollywood who use other non-AFing cameras.

Which leaves Panasonic dangling right now...
                            Yes I know that and I don't leave reviews either, but people do, but still 5 reviews is it since it came out seems kind of low.

Comment

Ouch. On B&H's Mirrorless "best sellers", there are three non Sony, non Canon models - Nikon Z6II, Nikon Z fc and Fuji X-S10 - in Top 25/First page. Granted, B&H isn't everything but it's fairly representative of the serious buyers.

#1 with the bullet is R3. At $6,000. I think I'd be the first to cancel NorBro's preorder.
                              lol, that's funny...such a waste of money, IMO.

I've had this convo many times on here over the years because people aren't that tech savvy when it comes to navigating front-end development, but currently the top 3 best sellers in B&H's "Mirrorless Cameras" sections are all Canons. (a7SIII isn't part of this group and is located with the cinema cameras.)

You have to make sure you're in the "Mirrorless Cameras" section and you've refreshed the "Best Sellers" list. IF you're not and you're in some sub-category or you've landed on the page from a search engine, the results will vary depending on your location and/or other circumstances.

B&H Note.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post

Yes I know that and I don't leave reviews either, but people do, but still 5 reviews is it since it came out seems kind of low.
                                Because people have smartened up over the years because of YouTube and no one is buying another recycled camera.

If the GH5_I came out in 2013 and the GH5_II came out in 2016, it would be a top-seller.

Not happening in 2021 with a MFT sensor and with what else is available.

Comment

Working...
                                X