Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How interested are you in a GH6 anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLD
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
    I think it's just an absurdist Marx brothers type joke. Like, people are buying the camera on an accelerated timetable, before it's even announced.
    "I put instant coffee into the microwave oven .... almost went back in time". (Steven Wright)

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    Now that one I don't get...and they're usually cute and clever.
    I think it's just an absurdist Marx brothers type joke. Like, people are buying the camera on an accelerated timetable, before it's even announced. Which shouldn't be possible. Take that a logical step further, and you've already purchased and returned or resold yours. Except that you also don't know what it is, which should be impossible if you already came into possession of it.

And yeah, I totally agree that if you don't pre-order within the first hour of announcement, you won't get yours for 6 months after release

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    Preorder now, read later.

Preordering within the first minute would be best to get it ASAP. (You could always cancel later if you don't like what you see.)

All new cameras will likely be delayed a bit based on the status of the most recent offerings.

Leave a comment:

• Benjobe
    replied
    Speaking to the original thread of this conversation: I am still very interested in the GH6. I've been anticipating its release for years now. My GH5 bodies have been a joy to work with but they're getting a little long in the tooth. I'm excited by the currently known specs of the GH6 (5.7K 60p 10-bit and 4K 120p) and I'm eager to know the rest of its abilities.

Here's my spec wish list:

1. higher bit-rates and/or less-compressed codecs.
    2. Dual native ISO
    3. built-in ND filter
    4. Image stabilization in all modes
    5. larger battery and/or a better external power solution
    6. Improved AF

I never use AF, so that's last on my list. But it would be nice to have.

What are the odds that the GH6 release and distribution will be plagued by the current supply chain problems that are driving up prices in electronics/autos/etc.? Should we pre-order now to avoid paying an inflated price?

Leave a comment:

• NorBro
    replied
    Now that one I don't get...and they're usually cute and clever.

As far as the camera, I'm not interested anymore...in any of them.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    DLD is on a roll

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    Originally posted by Zim View Post
    I guess you have to buy it to see what is in it!
    NorBro already returned his. Soon, he'll find out what exactly it was.

Leave a comment:

• Zim
    replied
    Originally posted by DLD View Post
    Some outlets are already taking preorders on GH-6.
    I guess you have to buy it to see what is in it!

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    Some outlets are already taking preorders on GH-6.

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    Nikon D9 is supposed to be announced on the 28th.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Maybe we will get information on two new cameras on the 27th

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    And now there's an OMD (ex-Olympus) presser streaming on the 27th .

Leave a comment:

• Zim
    replied
    If you can believe what you read online I saw a October 27 or 29th date for a GH6 announcement.

Leave a comment:

• DLD
    replied
    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
    Ah you mean for b&h to make money. I thought you meant one of us could cancel his order
    I was goofing off .. but ... if it's a hot model with a limited upfront run, one would have to buy a model at a discount shop such as Abe's of Main and then sell it at above retail on a popular gear site (or, perhaps, eBay). The problem is that the margins are getting slimmer and slimmer. Abe's selling R5, as an example, for $3,700 and they have (imported) units in stock. So, one'd need to have a global shortage of R5's to get somewhere around $4,200 for it. It's not impossible but one needs several factors, including timing, working in his favor. For most people, it's not worth the trouble.

PS. In the car market, hot new pieces like Supra, Veloster N, Civic R, C8, Taycan, etc. have sticker prices far above the MAP. The manufacturers frown upon it but the dealers try to find a way to make more on a hot model regardless.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Originally posted by DLD View Post

The restockign fee. Pre.
    Ah you mean for b&h to make money. I thought you meant one of us could cancel his order

Leave a comment:

Working...
X