S1H and Sumire Prime lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH5 S1H and Sumire Prime lenses

Here is my last video filmed on S1H + Sumire Prime lenses: https://vimeo.com/379469453

Thanks for sharing! What are your feelings on S1H vs EVA1?

Comment

Originally posted by filmguy123 View Post
      Thanks for sharing! What are your feelings on S1H vs EVA1?
      Thanks for watching! The EVA1 is a great camera, but, IMO, the S1H is one step ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Filippo Chiesa View Post
        Thanks for watching! The EVA1 is a great camera, but, IMO, the S1H is one step ahead.
        Very nice video. Wow, I won't comment on which one is better but they are both great cameras as you have eluded to.

Comment

Originally posted by video652 View Post
          Very nice video. Wow, I won't comment on which one is better but they are both great cameras as you have eluded to.
          Well I recall a Panasonic rep I talked to mentioned that in Netflix tests they the S1H measured more DR than the EVA1 and even I think he even said a hair more than the LT...
          Noah Yuan-Vogel
          http://www.noahyv.com

Comment

Originally posted by nyvz View Post
            Well I recall a Panasonic rep I talked to mentioned that in Netflix tests they the S1H measured more DR than the EVA1 and even I think he even said a hair more than the LT...
            Does this apply to the S1 in 10-bit 4:2:2 formats as well?

Comment

Originally posted by video652 View Post
              Thanks video652. Yes, both are great cameras, but I prefere the S1H.

Comment

Originally posted by npm View Post
                Does this apply to the S1 in 10-bit 4:2:2 formats as well?
                I don't think so. S1 and S1H are similar, but the S1 has a less efficient codec and, due to lack of the OLPF, sometimes you can clearly see the moire.

Comment

Wow. That’s fantastic. I love the single source, from below shot and the shots in the “sun” room. You choose such beautiful locations. Great dynamic range on that camera. I probably should know this but how did you achieve lip sync with the music with what looks like 60fps on a 24 (30?) fps timeline?

I’d love to see how you rigged it for focus, etc.

Comment

Here is my last video filmed on S1H + Sumire Prime lenses: https://vimeo.com/379469453
                    congrats. totally works!

s1h looks lovely.

was it hard working full frame and nailing focus?

thumbs up.

rob
                    smalltalk productions/nyc
                    the story is never black & white
                    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

Comment

Originally posted by robfilms View Post
                      congrats. totally works!

s1h looks lovely.

was it hard working full frame and nailing focus?

thumbs up.

rob
                      smalltalk productions/nyc
                      Coming from the GH5S line, I have been struggling with focus myself. Even stopping down to f/5.6-8 has left me without perfect focus, and I think a lot of it has to do with the distinct lack of sharpening in the S1H camera which even with peaking at the most picky setting on the Ninja V, I'm not getting anything in focus at all or turning peaking all the way up has me with a false positive. I think it simply will take some time to adjust to the world of FF video, and this is probably payback for all the post when I spoke of the downfalls of razor thin DOF!

Comment

S1H focus peaking is weird. If you look through the EVF it's hardly visible, if you look on the flip LCD (same shot, same settings) it's very easily visible. I find I have to adjust my settings accordingly, and I can run into problems if I set it sensitive enough so I can see it on the EVF (probably too sensitive) and then it's way too easy to peak on the LCD.

Comment

Originally posted by filmguy123 View Post
                          S1H focus peaking is weird. If you look through the EVF it's hardly visible, if you look on the flip LCD (same shot, same settings) it's very easily visible. I find I have to adjust my settings accordingly, and I can run into problems if I set it sensitive enough so I can see it on the EVF (probably too sensitive) and then it's way too easy to peak on the LCD.
                          Do you see this same behavior with an external monitor? I must admit, I just haven't got a lot of time shooting with the cam as I'm catching up on post work.

Comment

Looks lovely! What recording codec are you using?
                            DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
                            www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by estarkey7 View Post
                              Do you see this same behavior with an external monitor? I must admit, I just haven't got a lot of time shooting with the cam as I'm catching up on post work.
                              Dunno... I got the S1H so I wouldn't have to shoot with an external monitor!

Comment

Working...
                              X