Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icarusfilm
    replied
    cine v is made for video vivid is more for stills. Clients that bemoan the loss of the canon standard PP find solace in cine v

Leave a comment:

• wwjd
    replied
    good point CINEV. have never used it. I also recall a VIVID setting which could be fun.

* Readers should note: not going for accuracy here, wanting to color outside the lines to be creative.

Leave a comment:

• icarusfilm
    replied
    I would try Cine like V it’s as punchy and saturated as anyone could need.
    It’s already there so no need to reinvent it.

Leave a comment:

• wwjd
    replied
    any more GH4 shooters still here? ever try shooting over saturated? love to see examples

Leave a comment:

• Batutta
    replied
    I don't believe so. The Zebras only indicate luminance overexposure. Saturation at zero should be more than enough. And you can boost it a healthy amount in post before you get weird artifacting.

Leave a comment:

• wwjd
    replied
    any way to tell if colors are clipping in camera while shooting internal with no external monitor tell you as such?

Leave a comment:

• Batutta
    replied
    If you're recording in camera, definitely don't shoot flat on the GH4. You'd be throwing away an already limited about of bandwidth for recording image information. The encoder is expecting a full range image and in CineD I've seen no benefit in the shadows to shooting flat. I leave contrast at zero, lower sharpening to -3 and turn noise reduction to -5, leaving color and tint at zero. Boosting color more, I'd be worry about the channels clipping. And I always white balance, although with the gh4 I've found a white card works better than a grey card. A few stills from my film--

Leave a comment:

• wwjd
    started a topic GH4 shooting over saturated...

shooting over saturated...

"less is more" "shoot flat for grading" "turn down saturation"

yeah, we've all grown up hearing that. GH4 is an 8 bit camera - IE it already lacks AMOUNTS of stuff....

I'm asking... have any of you GH4 shooters pushed UP the saturation? I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Any examples out there?

OBVIOUSLY, maxing it out would be a train wreck of wrong colors and perhaps posterization, but how about just beefing it up a little so it is already baked in AND getting the white balance correct in camera
Working...
X