Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! GH4 monitor doesnt flip anymore. I only have picture on EVF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH4 HELP!! GH4 monitor doesnt flip anymore. I only have picture on EVF.

This is a catastrophy, because I need to use the GH4 on a gimbal - the monitor is crucial.

When I turn the screen, it doesnt flip - so when I close the monitor, it always switches to EVF.

Help!!! I need to film tomorrow and cant see anything.

I guess the sensor that tells the screen in which position it is, is damaged. Is there a trick to still see on the monitor???

Did you perhaps inadvertently touch the button that switches between the flip screen and the evf? Check the manual, you can force it to work on one or the other, as I recall.

Comment

Just keep pressing the button near play, and it will cycle through EVF, display and EVF and display.

Comment

Thaht is what I tried first - not working. The problem is, that the monitor doesnt flip.
        So when I close it with the monitor in front, it thinks it is closed with the monitor in the back and switches to EVF.

Comment

Originally posted by daktulus View Post
          Thaht is what I tried first - not working. The problem is, that the monitor doesnt flip.
          So when I close it with the monitor in front, it thinks it is closed with the monitor in the back and switches to EVF.
          There is a magnetic switch somewhere in the frame of the GH4. Try running a magnet around the frame where the monitor lies and see if that triggers the monitor to turn on.

Comment

Also try a FULL FACTORY SETTINGS reset. My monitor went full black last week, i thought it finally died, NOTHING could bring it back, ... power cycling, pulling battery. Finally did the reset and it came back fine.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/gjb2074/videos

Comment

Working...
            X