Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i properly film a computer monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH1 How do i properly film a computer monitor?

I'm trying to film something on a computer monitor using my GH1 but can't figure out what settings to use to get a clean picture. Currently, I'm getting faint bands of horizontal lines, etc.
    Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks.

Try different shutter speeds...and if that doesn't work, you'll need to use something called 'Synchro Scan', but not sure if it's available on the GH1.

Comment

I tried a few different shutter speeds (just a few) but thought it would be best to check in with DVXuser.com so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I see Youtube videos with clear, clean videos of active computer monitors. I hope I can do that with this camera.

Comment

Also may depend on the monitor people are filming...

Comment

FPS is also important. The gorizontal effect you are seeing is called flicker. I know nothing about GH1 but if it can change NTSC or PAL setting, try them both cause one is for utility frequency of 60hz the other of 50hz . You may also try De flicker plugins http://revisionfx.com/products/deflicker/

Comment

You need synchro scan...if not available, you have have to rent a GH4 or 5

Comment

Working...
            X